We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Footwear

Which Kuredu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Matlock, United...
Footwear

I know people are saying you don't need shoes but what about for evenings in the restaurants? Also are smart Tshirts for men ok in the restaurants?

18 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
reviews: 22
1. Re: Footwear

Hi Ally

You really don't need shoes :-) but you can wear sandals or something light if you wish .

Men are asked to cover shoulders at meal times ,smart t shirt and shorts are fine .

Enjoy Kuredu , lucky you :-)

Darryl

Halstead, United...
reviews: 9
2. Re: Footwear

As Darryl says you don't need shoes, you come home with the softest feet ever!! I do sometimes wear a pair of flip flops in the evening as I'm prone to stepping on sharp bits of coral after a couple of piña coladas!!

Wolverhampton...
reviews: 2
3. Re: Footwear

As said you don't need shoes.. However, the quickest way to get around Kuredu is walking through the centre of the island which has a sandy road. There is the occasional small stone amongst this which is like standing on a piece of lego in the dark hahaha.

United Kingdom
reviews: 22
4. Re: Footwear

Just to add

A pair of Aqua shoes are great for paddling especially in the O side lagoon ,you can also use them for walking on hot decking and paths ...

Darryl

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 4
5. Re: Footwear

Hi there

just bck From this lovely island last night!

A pair of flip flops is fine for night only because u have had a few cocktails and might stand on small stones lol

smart t shirts and shorts is ok

during the day never had anything on my feet

njoy your stay the place is fab :-)

Joanne x

Maidstone, United...
reviews: 1
6. Re: Footwear

Hello, I am off to Kuredu early september and looking forward to a shoeless holiday, but can anyone advise if fins are needed for snorkeling or is it safe enough not to need them? We have requested the O resort but will sample all the beaches :)

I also noticed on the updated All Inclusive info on their website that equipment is not included for the half hour free snorkel lesson... so if we dont take our own fins they will probably tell us to hire some or are they happy for you not to wear them?

Wolverhampton...
reviews: 2
7. Re: Footwear

You will need fins.

You can by all means swim in the lagoon but the drop off is very deep and far from shore, you would be very tired swimming without fins.

Plus none of the boat trips will let you on without fins.

Maidstone, United...
8. Re: Footwear

ok sure, I'll definately be taking some in that case. Thanks Kenny

Maidstone, United...
9. Re: Footwear

apologies Ally for highjacking your topic!

You probably got the idea from the other posts, the restaurants and bars (assuming all of them) will have sand floors. I am thinking probably best to be bare foot as I can imagine myself getting a flipflop caught in the sand and food flying everywhere :)

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
reviews: 13
10. Re: Footwear

Fins are basic for snorkelling... Always...

Reply to: Footwear
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kuredu