We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in end of may june!

Which Kuredu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 1
Weather in end of may june!

When i booked maldives i was originally going to book in March. So prepared for that date. Then suddenly wife couldnt get holiday so we changed to may and booked it fast as we knew what and where we gna go just had to book

but now ive been seeing weather posts here and getting awfully worried! going on25th May and back on 1st June. Am i expecting 7 days of rain in maldives non stop and no sun what so ever? Or would i get some sun shine here and there?

20 replies to this topic
Birmingham, United...
reviews: 22
1. Re: Weather in end of may june!

None of us can tell you because the weather is unpredictable.

Check out the FAQs for information on weather trends in the Maldives .

Good luck

Darryl

Birmingham, United...
2. Re: Weather in end of may june!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LxWszwSdBfM

Pinch of salt needed :-)

London, United...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Weather in end of may june!

that link is quite helpful but its below link thats worrying me!! hopefully ill get to see some blue skies atleast!!

wunderground.com/history/…calendar

Halstead, United...
reviews: 7
4. Re: Weather in end of may june!

It's a gamble as it is the wet season, you can't go on last years weather or the year before etc. I've been once in the wet season May 2011 and had 10 days of pretty much constant rain out of the 2 weeks, we left around 28th May and the weather was much more settled after that. Still had a fantastic holiday and am planning to go in May again next year as the price hike for Jan-March is just not do-able for us anymore. It's always hot and unfortunately the weather will do what it does. It's paradise and I'm sure you will have a really great time, try not to worry :0))

london
reviews: 17
5. Re: Weather in end of may june!

I am also going end of May, but I'm not overly worried about the weather. Que sera sera.

Rainy season in tropical climates usually means both rain and sunshine, and you'll be very unlucky to get constant poor weather. You really can't go by historical figures, or even weather forecasts, as weather in tropical climates is very localised. I've been in Phuket in the rainy season where we had pretty constant sunshine and the resort next door had loads of rain.

I also really would not look at weather forecasts either which will likely show rain/thunder storms at that time of year for every day.

Edited: 5:50 pm, April 11, 2014
london
reviews: 3
6. Re: Weather in end of may june!

Hi All,

I'm going on the 25th of may 2014 too and I'm really worried about the weather, I did not do any research before and trusted the travel agent who said you'll be fine it might rain at night, I have a 2 years old and I'm worried about being stuck in a room for 7 days, please can someone help me this link showing 7 days of rain accuweather.com/en/…

I know they can't really predict the weather that far but that's scary to pay almost 7k for rain!

Edited: 6:56 am, April 16, 2014
Birmingham, United...
7. Re: Weather in end of may june!

Claire

The weather always says it's going to rain on this type of weather site ,you should not take any notice of them ,the weather in Male has no relevance to the weather on your island .

You are all booked up so no point in worrying because you could get 7 days of sunshine :-)

Enjoy your countdown ,,lucky you :-)

Darryl

london
reviews: 3
8. Re: Weather in end of may june!

Thanks Darryl

Barnard Castle...
9. Re: Weather in end of may june!

The weather COULD be the same. Also, it could be brilliant sunshine on Male and tipping it down in Kuredu. This happened to us May 2012. Rained constantly for 24 hours but not bad after that

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
reviews: 19
10. Re: Weather in end of may june!

Claire : ", I did not do any research before and trusted the travel agent who said you'll be fine it might rain at night," ... I would have a word with this agent . he clearly misrepresented the product he is selling - be it maliciously or out of sheer ignorance and incompetence

having said that ... the weather will do what it will do . no weather site that can be taken even semi seriously can try to predict a tropical marine weather for more than 3 days in advance. the only forecast you need is the local meteorological institute http://www.meteorology.gov.mv/met/ (notice they are not as crazy as to predict 2 weeks in advance )

bottom line is that you could experience 2 weeks of brilliant sunshine or 2 weeks of storm and unbroken rain . the greatest odds are for some sun, some rain and lots of clouds .

Reply to: Weather in end of may june!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kuredu