We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa debit cards

Which Kuredu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Midlands
reviews: 24
visa debit cards

Hi all

I have read that you can use the credit cards on the island, but can you use a visa debit card (Switch)

Thanks

Jac

Liverpool GB.
reviews: 5
1. Re: visa debit cards

Visa / debit ----Yes at a push, most like credit cards, as for Swich, It has been known that it is not accepted aire on the side of caution and ask the island direct before travelling.

Rumps

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
reviews: 4
2. Re: visa debit cards

Hi Jac

I don't think any accept debit cards only credit cards. On the whole debit cards are not widely accepted for payment outside the UK only for drawing cash from ATMs

Regards

Doug

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
reviews: 18
3. Re: visa debit cards

just ask the island ... but i would suggest using a normal cc

bristol
reviews: 26
4. Re: visa debit cards

Hi we stayed on Kuredu 2008 and used our Barclays visa debit card no problems whatsoever although Barclays did charge us for the conversions form dollars to sterling.

Midlands
reviews: 24
5. Re: visa debit cards

Thanks for all your replies, I have just had a response from the island and they do accept debit cards

thx

6. Re: visa debit cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 14, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Kuredu