We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March 2013 Trip Report - 1st two days

Level Contributor
42 posts
87 reviews
March 2013 Trip Report - 1st two days

We're staying in a rental house on Fort Morgan Beach near the 'Dunes'. Had some questions before we left and there wasn't much out here. Thought I'd try to give some feedback on a couple of items.

Oil rigs: yes, you can see them clearly from the beach. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as a tourist I could live without them. You get used to them and it really doesn't affect your experience.

College kids: there's a mix of college kids and families. So far everyone is behaving themselves and haven't seen any problems.

What is there do? If you want convenience stay in Gulf Shores. On Fort Morgan groceries, restaurants, gas, etc will require a trip to GS. There is a small C store on FM for essentials. And there is Tacky Jacks for a restaurant - it's kind of a dive beach bar with bar food.

The beach here is great, playing volleyball with some of the college groups and doing some swimming. The water is a little cold but you can get in.

Will report more as our week goes on.

Moline, Illinois
Level Contributor
360 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: March 2013 Trip Report - 1st two days

So glad all is going well and can't wait to hear more. We haven't been to Fort Morgan beach area and have been wanting to check it out.

Level Contributor
42 posts
87 reviews
2. Re: March 2013 Trip Report - 1st two days

Forgot to mention, we tried to catch the ferry in Dauphin Island . We arrived a little before 5pm on Saturday and all the remaining trips were sold out. Ended up costing us about 2 hours of drive time. Not sure if you can call for availability, do it if you can. To me it's not worth the time unless you get on the boat.

Madrid, Spain
6 posts
3. Re: March 2013 Trip Report - 1st two days

Thank you for sharing such great adventure. I want to hear more. It seems that you have a great time and that's good. I've heard that it has excellent beaches for bird-watching and beach combing, and the area is a beautiful place to watch the sun rise. Nice!

4. Re: March 2013 Trip Report - 1st two days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, April 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Fort Morgan