We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intinerary help

Centreville...
reviews: 40
Intinerary help

6 more weeks until we arrive...yay! Below is a list of all of the places we want to visit while there. I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me decide which outings to group together each day (based on location and approximate amount of time you would recommend at each stop). We will be at the Yach Club for 7 nights (so have 6 full days) and will have a 13 foot Whaler. If we do the Land and Sea Park, that will be a day of its own. And we may do a half day fishing trip. And please let me know if I have l let anything off! Thank you!!

Big Major Cay

Compass Cay

Thunderball Grotto

Bitter Guana Cay/Iguana Island

Sand bars

Sampson Cay?

Pirate Trap beach (boat or bike?)

Moultonborough, New...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Intinerary help

For a day trip to the north, go to Big Majors, Sampson, and Compass. Stop at Compass, have lunch, swim with the sharks and enjoy their fine ocean-side beach.

Pirate's Trap beach is best visited by walking (10 minutes), bike or golf cart.

Visit Thunderball at low tide, for low tide times go to tide-forecast.com/locations/…latest

A short dingy ride to the south will bring you to Bitter Guana Cay.

Unless the seas are unusually calm you will need a bigger dinghy to go north to the Land and Sea park. SCYC has 17 foot Whalers and they are also available for rent elsewhere on the island.

SCYC sells charts of the area and will give you detailed advice on your boating itineraries.

Local sea conditions are available at www.windfinder.com/forecast/staniel_cay

Centreville...
reviews: 40
2. Re: Intinerary help

Thank you! I live by windfinder (-:

Where are the cool sandbars I always see pics of? To the north or south?

Mobile, Alabama
reviews: 15
3. Re: Intinerary help

We went to Pirate Trap almost every day at the end of the day for that "last swim"- we went in the boat or in the cart we rented and it was just a nice quiet place to relax but you can also explore some by foot if you wear Keens or other shoes suitable for walking/climbing on rocks. I think it would be a long and hot bike ride, just my opinion though.

We found deserted "sand bars" to the south, west and north. Like Glen said, you can get a decent chart or even use the little hand-drawn map they give you to find some of the areas to visit. Some you will even be able to see from the yacht club,

Have a great time!

4. Re: Intinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Staniel Cay