We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Famingo Air frustration!

Colorado
Famingo Air frustration!

I am finding that getting reservations with Flamingo Air to be extremely difficult. They don't communicate back with me unless I write them repeated emails and practically beg for someone to respond. It's like I give them the same information over and over and yet they ask for it again. I finally got to the point of giving my credit card info and haven't heard a word back, which makes me a little nervous. Also, in addition to my credit info, they wanted a picture of the front and back of my credit card, which I did not send as my credit card company strongly advised against it. There are 3 of us traveling from different destinations, so we are trying to make our reservations separately. The other 2 in my party are having an even worse time in trying to deal with them...they can't even get a reservation form out of them. Are they for real? We need round trip from Nassau to Staniel Cay. I'd really appreciate any help in how to deal with them or info on alternative reasonable transportation to Staniel from Nassau. Thanks!

Mary

largo,fl
reviews: 9
1. Re: Famingo Air frustration!

Is there a reason for flying out of Nassau? When we go to Staniel we fly Watermakers Air out of Ft. Lauderdale right into Staniel. Wonderful service, nice people, a quick customs stop in Andros & on the was back it's right in Lauderdale. Maybe a bit more expensive, but worth every penny.

http://www.stanielcay.com/flights.asp

Enjoy Staniel!

Colorado
2. Re: Famingo Air frustration!

We need to fly to Staniel Cay from Nassau because we have already purchased those tickets.

Indiana
reviews: 17
3. Re: Famingo Air frustration!

Have you considered a chartered flight? If there are more than four people, sometimes it's about the same or less than a local carrier. When planning our trip to Staniel, I read good things about Take Flight Charter (which I think is based in Nassau.) We opted to fly Watermaker's via Ft. Lauderdale. Do a seach on the Out Islands forum for charter companies. You might find some other possibilities. Have fun in Staniel Cay!

bahamas
4. Re: Famingo Air frustration!

Go to

www.takeflightcharters.com

Pennsylvania
5. Re: Famingo Air frustration!

LeAir Charters is a great company to deal with they fly from Nassau to Staniel also their are some pilots who will fly you private charter. They live on the Island.

LeAir Charter: 242-377-2356

or search for flights to Bahamas Islands I think that is how i found a list of pilots

Denver
reviews: 7
6. Re: Famingo Air frustration!

Mary, I'm not sure if you've solved your problem yet, but we are flying Denver to Nassau then on to SC via Flamingo Air. I had the same frustrations but eventually received email confirmations. They were the least expensive option for a family of 4 out of Nassau. I had luck calling 242-225-1558 several times a day. I now have a confirmation and hope that they're ready for us when we arrive in July. Good luck!

7. Re: Famingo Air frustration!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, September 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Staniel Cay