We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeep Rental?

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 1
Jeep Rental?

Will be at Exuma for a week next month and trying to nail down a car rental. I have a quote from Thompsons for a car but I'm curious about a jeep rental. Does anyone know if/where I could rent a jeep for the week? I saw some rates from Two Turtles Inn but the webpage looked like it might be very old/not accurate.

Thanks,

8 replies to this topic
Gastonia, North...
reviews: 50
1. Re: Jeep Rental?

Thompson's has jeeps. Their rates are right on their web page. There are only a couple of other places to rent (Airport and one other guy I think) and their rates are all going to be about the same. We rented the Accord from Thompsons and didn't miss having a jeep.

Dallas, Texas
2. Re: Jeep Rental?

Sorry, those aren't Jeeps to me ;)

I mean top off, wind in your hair Jeeps (Wranglers).

Gastonia, North...
reviews: 50
3. Re: Jeep Rental?

Oh gotcha. Everyone in the islands uses the term "jeep" meaning a small SUV. You might find a Kia with a soft removable top. We had one of those on Eleuthera and it leaked terribly when it rained. A lot of the car rental agencies get their cars from Japan so a Jeep brand jeep might be hard to find.

Little Exuma
4. Re: Jeep Rental?

Airport Car Rental has jeep wranglers(http://www.exumacarrental.com/)

email:info@exumacarrental.com

Telephone: 1-242-345-0090

they're located right across from Bahamas customs and immigration.

Dallas, Texas
5. Re: Jeep Rental?

Thanks for that. I see on their facebook page they have pictures of some Jeep Wranglers.

Unfortunately, they haven't responded to my email request so I guess I'll stick w/ Thompson.

Raymore, Missouri
6. Re: Jeep Rental?

What did you end up doing for a jeep during your trip?

Houston
reviews: 110
7. Re: Jeep Rental?

No doubt Jeeps are fun, we have 2!

I would keep in mind that things are not 'secure' inside the Jeeps and we have found a car better (to lock the doors and have the trunk) so when we are exploring a beach or restaurant we have no worries about leaving stuff behind (cameras, ice chest, etc).

Dallas, Texas
8. Re: Jeep Rental?

We did not find a Jeep. We used a car from Thompsons.

If you intend to explore, you might consider some sort of SUV. Getting to some of the beaches got a little dicey w/ the car.

Reply to: Jeep Rental?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted