We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 day trip, half at Grand Bahama half on outer islands?

Portland Oregon
reviews: 1
10 day trip, half at Grand Bahama half on outer islands?

My wife and I are looking to spend about 10 days in the Bahamas this June - We've never been before. We're curious if anyone has setup a trip that started in a large resort on Grand Bahama with tons of amenities, nightlife etc, then shifted to Exuma or Long Island to get away from it all and relax in privacy and seclusion.

Essentially we want the best of both worlds in one stay. Has anyone setup their trip this way and if so, what are your recommendations?

exuma
reviews: 35
1. Re: 10 day trip, half at Grand Bahama half on outer islands?

Of course it can be done. But consider that to travel from Grand Bahama to Exuma (or Long Island) will entail 2 flights, grand Bahama to Nassau, Nassau to Exuma, which will probably take best part of a day. So now your 10 day trip.... one day travelling on arrival....one day travelling on departure and one day GB to Exuma ....you have lost a lot of your time travelling. I think my recommendation would be decide whether you want nightlife and big hotel, or tranquil laid back islands at a vacation rental, and book the entire trip at one location. Also consider that many vacation rentals have a 4 night minimum stay.

Enjoy.

Edited: 2:30 pm, April 06, 2014
Little Exuma
2. Re: 10 day trip, half at Grand Bahama half on outer islands?

I think its very possible giving the right amount of planning. Its easier to get to Exuma than to long island though.

Gastonia, North...
reviews: 52
3. Re: 10 day trip, half at Grand Bahama half on outer islands?

Is Regional Air still around? They flew direct to Eleuthera I believe. Check and see if you can find any direct flights from Grand Bahama to another island. If not, the above is correct that you'll have to connect back through NAS. We've done it before and it worked out great. We had an early morning flight to NAS then a 9am to Governor's Harbour and were there in time to catch a late breakfast.

Little Exuma
4. Re: 10 day trip, half at Grand Bahama half on outer islands?

Okay, so I found a connection that can get you into exuma by 9:10 or 9:15am. If you take the first Western Air(westernair.flythebahamas.com) at 6:30 am you can get into nassau at 7:05am and the take the first morning flight to Exuma on either Bahamasair(Bahamasair.com) or Skybahamas(skybahamas.net) which both leave at 8:30am. All this in one day and takes about 3 or so hours travel time. Hope this helps!

5. Re: 10 day trip, half at Grand Bahama half on outer islands?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:07 pm, April 09, 2014
6. Re: 10 day trip, half at Grand Bahama half on outer islands?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 10, 2015