We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Tour Guide & Tour?

Timmins, Ontario...
reviews: 1
Best Tour Guide & Tour?

Hi,

Heading to Great Exuma in a couple of weeks and would like to do a tour to see the swimming pigs and maybe a few other things, would really like to swim with sharks for some odd reason. Have heard good things about 4C's and Exuma 007 but would appreciate any feedback good or bad on any tours operating preferably near Georgetown area. Thanks!

19 replies to this topic
Gastonia, North...
reviews: 50
1. Re: Best Tour Guide & Tour?

We really like Sugar Adventure Tours. His boat is probably the fastest of all and it feels more like a private charter. You will probably need at least 8 people though. Also bring extra $ for lunch if you eat at the yacht club and for the Compass Cay entrance fee ($10 pp). Snacks, rum punch and uber fresh conch salad are included with the price.

Edited: 2:06 pm, January 27, 2014
Houston
reviews: 96
2. Re: Best Tour Guide & Tour?

We have used Exuma Cays Adventures twice before and have already booked with Peter for our March trip. Great tour, great crew! He also can do a Sandy Cay (pirates movie locale) tour and stop at Long Island for lunch if you want.

If you have a choice, I would recommend stopping at Ty's for lunch on Little Farmer's Cay, the beach and food is awesome!

I have not heard of any BAD tours operators and only negative comments I've seen about any of them related to issues that were not in their control.

Exuma Cays Adventures is rated number ONE on Tripadvisor for a reason! Check them out!

Strandhill, Ireland
reviews: 218
3. Re: Best Tour Guide & Tour?

Andrew at 4C's is great! Had a fab time with him up the cays last time.

Dallas, Texas
4. Re: Best Tour Guide & Tour?

We used 4C's last week. First attempt they had mechanical problems with the boat just after we got started so we had to come back the next day. Crew was great!! You do spend a lot of time riding but the stops make it worth it. My only complaint with them is they made a few stops (kind of a taxi service thing) and I didn't appreciate that given it cost my family of four over $700 including lunch.

I don't know if the other guides do the same thing.

Maumelle, Arkansas
reviews: 1
5. Re: Best Tour Guide & Tour?

Call Dimitri Smith!!! He is a talented and professional native of Great Exuma who knows all of the beautiful unspoiled spots in the Exumas .He owns his own taxi/tour service and will take you to amazing unspoiled beaches by vehicle and boat. He took us under his wing the entire time we were there, took us swimming with pigs, eagle rays, to celebrity-owned islands and then showed us the nightlife too! He can be reached at 242-357-0405. We were planning to go on the 007 tour but just couldn't stomach another group tour. Not only did we get to do exactly what we wanted by going with Dimitri by private charter, but the price was very competetive with other group tours.

Flic En Flac
reviews: 3
6. Re: Best Tour Guide & Tour?

We used Sugar Adventures and he definitely does have a fast boat. This is important as you are covering a large area. Also, he knew how to time the Grotto to make exploring it more enjoyable and easy for us. He deliberately adjusted his tour to hit at what he felt was the optimum tide level to visit the Grotto as it can be tricky access. I know we had a ball and he really does a great job.

Just reading this question makes me want to do that same tour again. I doubt you could go wrong with any of the Captains mentioned here.

One last thing- if you get time please be sure to go on this tour with whoever, as the water out there is stunning. My wife said it was as if it was lit up from underneath. Beautiful.

Edited: 4:05 pm, February 15, 2014
Louisiana
reviews: 10
7. Re: Best Tour Guide & Tour?

What was the price of the tour? how long did it last?

Houston
8. Re: Best Tour Guide & Tour?

Exuma Cays Adventures charges about $150-$175 per person (depends on how many in your party) and it's an all day trip. Depart around 9 and return around 4-5.

Gastonia, North...
reviews: 50
9. Re: Best Tour Guide & Tour?

Sugar's tour was $200 pp when we went last summer and that includes snacks, unlimited rum punch and fresh conch chowder. You need extra $$ for lunch and the Compass Cay entrance fee which is $10 pp. Some of the tours include all of this in the flat fee but most do not.

Arkansas
10. Re: Best Tour Guide & Tour?

Exuma Cays Adventures has been extremely quick and professional in replying to my emails! We have a family of 4 with 2 adults, 2 kids, and all in for $600 plus Compass and lunch extra. Also, it seems that it is BYOB as well. Coastline if $595 for the 4 of us and includes conch salad, rum punch, beer and drinks for kids. Lunch and Compass Cay fee extra. Sugar, Roberts, and 4 C's has not replied to emails. Leaning toward Coastline at this point.

Reply to: Best Tour Guide & Tour?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted