We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo traveler, where to stay?

New York City, New...
reviews: 9
Solo traveler, where to stay?

I'm looking for a nice, clean place to stay on the beach, around $300/night (or less). Sandals just doesn't do it for me since I'm traveling alone, I don't want to be surrounded by honeymooners. B&B/resort/guest house are considered. Any recommendations? I've been combing thru the trip reports, but haven't found anything that catches my eye.

Mobile, Alabama
reviews: 6
1. Re: Solo traveler, where to stay?

Are you going to rent a car? We spent one night at Augusta Bay and returned 3 times to eat breakfast or dinner. I would definitely recommend it if you plan to rent a car to be able to see all the great sights on GE!! It is not far from G'town either but not a real beach there- nice rooms, nice patio and pool, pretty view, good food with 3 meals a day and a bar.

exuma
reviews: 21
2. Re: Solo traveler, where to stay?

Check out Harbour View Exuma under the vacation rentals section and read the reviews. It's got great reviews and located close to the islands best beaches.

Cincinnati, OH
3. Re: Solo traveler, where to stay?

Have you found a place and are you renting a car? Also, what part of town are you looking to be in? Am down here now and would be happy to provide some recommendations and pics if you like if we see anything fitting the bill. For that price you should be able to get whatever you want really...

New York City, New...
reviews: 9
4. Re: Solo traveler, where to stay?

Thanks Kelli -- I'm enjoying your updates! I have no preference of area yet, but appreciate any recommendations from you.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 21
5. Re: Solo traveler, where to stay?

I really enjoyed our stay at St Francis, but it's across the bay on Stocking Island. I loved the quiet interspersed with poker night twice a week! Very relaxed, met some very interesting people from the boats, locals and those staying there.

6. Re: Solo traveler, where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, June 20, 2013