We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bad News-Four Seasons closing

Colorado, USA
reviews: 20
Bad News-Four Seasons closing

I just learned from a fellow poster and from the FS website that the resort is "closing" as of May 26. Either the resort is changing affiliations or the receivership situation at the resort is coming to a head. Neither would appear to be a good thing for the island's economy.

Anyone heard anything?

Langhorne...
reviews: 11
11. Re: Bad News-Four Seasons closing

it is truly devastating to the island and its people to lose a resort like the Four Seasons. With regard to staying at GI the only thing the FOur Seasons had to offer that GI did not was Golf. They do not allow GI guests to "officailly" use their pool and their restaurants are not so great and overpriced for what your receive. GI is beautiful and the staff there wonderful, I just hope they will take over the beach cleaning service once FS goes out

Houston, Texas
reviews: 3
12. Re: Bad News-Four Seasons closing

I guess we don't have to worry about Great Exuma becoming a big tourist trap anytime soon.

Philadelphia
reviews: 2
13. Re: Bad News-Four Seasons closing

Here's an article from yesterday's Wall Street Journal about the 4 Seasons closing down.

…wsj.com/article/…3Darticle

Santa Fe, New Mexico
reviews: 12
14. Re: Bad News-Four Seasons closing

Thanks for the article.

I hope PGA Village building on Cat Island takes heed.

mattggotu
reviews: 1
15. Re: Bad News-Four Seasons closing

I read that article. While the economic downturn is obviously a big part of this, I wonder if the people who put that resort up just didn't think about the limits of transportation to Exuma and the scale of the place.

It seems real basic so I guess they thought it could work.

16. Re: Bad News-Four Seasons closing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, November 26, 2009