We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charter Flights

Columbia, Maryland
Charter Flights

We're getting into Nassau too late to take the regular flights over to Eleuthera. After looking into the cost of hotels for our group, I started thinking that a charter flight might be a better way to go. Can anyone give me a rough idea what a charter for a group of 6 might run, and good charter operators to contact?

18 replies to this topic
Eleuthera
11. Re: Charter Flights

LeAir Charter 242-337-2356 or 242-377-3375

Nassau, New...
reviews: 42
12. Re: Charter Flights

You have several options out of Nassau --

Trans Island Airways flies a 6 passenger Strike and can be contacted at (242) 427-8888. Paul Aranha comes highly recommended and is very professional.

Golden Wings with Cameron and Lori Roach. They have a 9-seater and fly to Governor's Harbour for $890 one way. A 5 seater is $655 (and the unlucky 6rh passenger can draw the short straw and fly commercial!) They can be reached at (242) 377-0039.

And Lindy Wells with Bahamas Hoppers charges $675 one way to Governor's Harbour. Not sure how many passengers, but likely only 5. You can reach them at (242) 359 - 7883.

As an earlier poster stated, unless a medical emergency, private charters do not fly into out island airports at night. None of the airports have control towers(and most have no landing lights) and they are on VFR flight rules, making night flights a no go. So depending on the time of your arrival into Nassau, you may well be looking at an overnight.

For a reasonable cost hotel, have a look at Orange Hill Inn (www.orangehill.com). They are less than 10 minutes from the airport and offer quad rooms for $158/night (queen and 2 twin beds) as well as other configurations.

Eleuthera
13. Re: Charter Flights

If you come after sunset it'll really cost ya.. so try to arrange a flight before dusk. I know of Performance Air owner is Ken Ingraham (242) 434-3825. Hes extremely reliable. He owns a 9 seater.

Edited: 10:28 am, May 06, 2014
savannah sound
14. Re: Charter Flights

Hmmm...funny...I just called Odyssey & they gave me names for charters to GHB.

Baltimore, MD
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 43
15. Re: Charter Flights

Sunset in July is about 8. We hope to be on the charter before 6. We do not want to spend the night in Nassau.

I appreciate all the phone numbers but am unable to make a call during business hours because I am a teacher. Cell phones don't work inside the school building plus it costs an arm and a leg for me to make an international call. DH- could you give me the names for charters to GHB. Odyssey has not responded to my emails.

Based on recommendations, I have emailed Performance Air and Golden Wings. Someone PMed me with a negative review of Take Flight. Another person PMed me with a positive review of Dove Wings. Any thoughts?

I appreciate everyone's help.

Eleuthera
16. Re: Charter Flights

PM me if you need any help arranging flight. Send time/date of inquiry and I'll get information for ya..

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 2
17. Re: Charter Flights

Any suggestions for a charter company that can accommodate a group of 11 from NAS to ELH? Probably have to be a Beech1900 (I don't think the Grand Caravans can hold 11). We are 6 adults and 5 kids (ages 8-12). We've flown several different companies over the years (TransIsland, LeAir, CongoAir, Odyssey, etc). Thanks!

Columbia, Maryland
18. Re: Charter Flights

Start with Golden Wings, if they don't have a large enough plane, they'll tell you who does.

Reply to: Charter Flights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera