We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airline-GHB

Eleuthera
reviews: 1
Airline-GHB

Hi All-

We are the owners of Hut Pointe Inn and as some of you know, we are not retired yet and we still have to fly back and forth when we are not in residence on the island. I have just tried to book our tickets for February and found no flights at all coming in to GHB from the US. I tried many different date combos thinking that maybe they only fly on Wednesdays or Sundays, all to no avail. Dave or SAS do you know any info about United/Silver into GHB? I finally got one into ELH using the routing through the southern USA. The routing that they want us to do on most of the choices is all crazy and involves BahamasAir from the US and from Nassau. Our reservations are way off for the spring...could this be another reason why? I would greatly appreciate any info that I can pass along to our guests and on our website. Thanks to all and happy holidays!

Adelaide (Hut Pointe)

11 replies to this topic
NY,NY
reviews: 8
11. Re: Airline-GHB

Well my guess is it's a timing thing for me. Last two times I came down, from New York, it ended up costing $890 and $975 respectively. Granted this time is in March over I suspect Spring Break for many people and the other time was around Thanksgiving. I agree that on paper it seems very easy to get down to the Island and I've been coming down sporadically since the late 80's and don't recall it ever being much of a problem until the last couple of years.

It just seems that recently I've spent an inordinate amount of time trying to get on and off island. It also seems there are quite a few folks on these forums who are spending some head scratching time figuring out the travel details.

And you're right, Nassau is an easy fix, or at least should be...this time around all flights for late March on a Saturday were sold out by Christmas or the connection time for available flights would have extended my trip upwards of eight hours.

If possible I find it's much better to rent houses for something other than Saturday-Saturday when all flights book up early. Couldn't do that his time around because of the busy rental schedule on the particular house.

All that said, Eleuthera is like no where else and certainly warrants the effort.

Reply to: Airline-GHB
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera