We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stella di mare winding bay eleuthera/weather

uk
stella di mare winding bay eleuthera/weather

has anyone stayed in villa stella di mare winding bay eleuthera?just booked for easter hoping it's as good as it sounds

Also is weather good at easter?

South Carolina
1. Re: stella di mare winding bay eleuthera/weather

To answer your question about Easter weather, for the last 10 or so years Easter week has been very nice. A typical Easter week begins a little on the cool side and warms up during the week. Nighttime temps can be anywhere from the mid-sixties to upper 70's and daytime temperatures in the 80's to low 90's. One thing to watch out for is the deception that the cooler temperatures offer some protection from sunburn. Not true!! You can get cooked taking a long walk down the beach enjoying the bright sunshine and cool breeze. Use a good sunscreen, especially for the first several days of your trip. As far as swimming goes, the water is comfortable and you can swim wherever you want to. You probably will not need air conditioning at all and you'll most likely enjoy a beautiful full moon. Have a great trip!

oregon
reviews: 12
2. Re: stella di mare winding bay eleuthera/weather

snacco, My wife and I will be staying at Stella di Mare this November but have not been there before. We selected this particular rental based on comparison shopping, location/isolation and included amenities, especially the kayak. The owner stated he had designed the house to include the best features of all the various rentals he had stayed in. How did you come to select this particular rental? Have you been to the island of Eleuthera before? Linward from Waldport

Upper Michigan
reviews: 13
3. Re: stella di mare winding bay eleuthera/weather

I've not stayed at villa stella di mare, but it looks very nice from the outside. Winding Bay is a wonderful area. It is a bit of distance to town though- that's a plus in some ways because it's a nice quiet area. You need a rental car to check out restaurants and go grocery shopping, unless one is included with the house.

Easter tends to be a warm time, and the water temperature is pretty comfortable. It does get windy, though- so winding Bay is so nice because it's in a protected area and doesn't get the big waves and surf.

uk
4. Re: stella di mare winding bay eleuthera/weather

LINWARD

Thanks for replying

we have been to Eleuthera last christmasWeather was great but went chilly about 5 ish.Sea and sand colours you only thought were in brochures.Nothing really to do which was great . few potholes in road if you drive!

Let me know what the villa is like when you've been have a great relaxing time-oh yes beware of the bugs especially at dusk you don't see them but their bites itch

let me know if theres anything specific you would like to know

SNACCO

oregon
reviews: 12
5. Re: stella di mare winding bay eleuthera/weather

snacco, I appreciate your offer of answering any questions, so will take advantage of it. Did you find anything effective in repelling those offensive biting bugs...noseeums or whatever the locals call them? Were there any particular beaches, sites or places to snorkel that you would recommend? Are you familiar with the current cut, and, if so, is it worth the drive and time to experience it? Is there anything that you found you should have brought with you because it was unavailable or expensive to purchase on the island? How is the local beer...I believe it is called Kalik? We have never eaten conch; is it similar to abalone? How does one prepare it? Is there public transportation (buses or taxis) for getting to Rock Sound for shopping or should we rent a vehicle for our entire stay? I apologize if I have over-stepped your invitation to answer questions, but information makes better decision making. Thanks for your anticipated response. Linward

6. Re: stella di mare winding bay eleuthera/weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera