We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Knowles car rental

mississippi
reviews: 8
Knowles car rental

Have any of you ever rented a car through the Knowles car rental. Their web site looks great but are they legitimate? I've never heard their name mentioned on any of the forum posts.

Fort Lauderdale
1. Re: Knowles car rental

Which website? I know of www.eleutheracarrentals.com

Edited: 5:45 pm, March 17, 2013
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 3
2. Re: Knowles car rental

We've rented through Clinton Knowles many times, and recommend him to our rental guests. We find him to be very reliable.

mississippi
3. Re: Knowles car rental

I saw them on Facebook under Eleuthera Bahamas Car Rental. Great FB page. Their web site is:

http://eleutherabahamasrentalcars.webs.com. Their number 1-242-332-1080. Glad you recommend them Rachel. We will probably use them in May.

Toronto, Canada
4. Re: Knowles car rental

Cheers! We'll be there in April so we'll tell Clinton to expect some clients from Mississippi.

Gastonia, North...
reviews: 52
5. Re: Knowles car rental

That site is for Clinton's daughter-in-law and son Tavares.

We have rented from Clinton 3 times and will continue to do so. I'm not sure if they've made this a family affair or what. I've always called 242-332-1080 which is Clinton's home phone but the FB page and website don't mention him so I'm not sure what's going on. Surely they wouldn't have their own separate business?

Toronto, Canada
6. Re: Knowles car rental

When I googled the site (not the facebook page but the website) I came up with Knowles Rent-A-Car. In the "Contact Us" section, Clinton, his wife Tanya and Tavares (who I don't know) are all listed with phone numbers and email addresses. So I assume it is a family affair but I don't know for sure.

We use the number 242 359 7893 to contact Clinton. I believe it is his cell. His email address is biggodd@hotmail.com

Gastonia, North...
reviews: 52
7. Re: Knowles car rental

Good to know Rachel, thanks! Tavares is Clinton�s son and he works for Southern Air at the GH Airport. We�ve turned in cars to him before and I believe I�ve spoken with both Tavares and his wife when calling the house to make reservations (she is from the US). Sounds like the kids are just trying to modernize the business, good for them. We�ve always been happy with Clinton�s jeeps and his service.

mississippi
8. Re: Knowles car rental

Yes, Rachel that is the email address I used and Tanya helped me. She is very good and prompt. By the way, I think from reading some past post that you bought La Sable Rose. Right? If so, you know you bought my house. I have been so interested in it since it came on the market but just couldn't get down there. I love it and have all the plans for it in my head and on paper. Maybe one day we can meet. Are you going to be on the island the end of May.

Toronto, Canada
9. Re: Knowles car rental

Yes, we did buy le Sable Rose! Gorgeous beach setting, isn't it? We have plans in the works - we'll see how much we get done in the next year or two. We've renamed the house Two Dunes.

We'll be on the island in April and then again later in the summer. Probably not in May though :-(

It would be lovely to meet one day. If you'd like, PM me - we can stay in touch.

Washington DC...
reviews: 2
10. Re: Knowles car rental

We just returned from Eleuthera and our group rented 2 cars from the Knowles's, one sedan (a lumina) and one SUV (a kia sportage). I would not rent from them again. The Sportage broke down (leaked a 1/2 tank of gas and then died). Thankfully we were only in Palmetto Point, not Lighthouse Beach as we were the day before. Our friends picked us up and the car was fixed and returned later that day. The Lumina's breaks/tires were so crummy that it posed a danger to those on the road AND in the car. I know cars on eleuthera aren't the same as the states but we saw many more cars that seemed more mechanically sound/less crappy. Additionally, the renters of the Lumina received an email from Clinton Knowles after they got home alerting them that they were responsible for a scrape/bash on the rear of the car (there was no walk-through of the car at time of pick-up or drop-off and they were NOT responsible for the damage) and he requested they send him a cashier's check for $200.

If I were you I would rent from someone else.

Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera