We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kataluma

mississippi
reviews: 8
Kataluma

Any feedback on Kataluma? Is the beach real rocky. It looks like it is when I google earth the location.

New York
reviews: 5
1. Re: Kataluma

I have stayed at Kataluma twice. The home is beautiful and they have really thought of everything.The beach is rocky in front of the house . We would walk down the beach to go into the water where there is a sandy entrance. Any questions feel free to PM me.

Seattle
2. Re: Kataluma

How far down the beach do you have to walk to go into the water?

savannah sound
3. Re: Kataluma

about 100 metres

New York
reviews: 42
4. Re: Kataluma

How is the water once you enter through the sandy passage to get in? Good for swimming and snorkeling right off this beach w/o having to take boat/kayak?

Thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 25
5. Re: Kataluma

We have stayed in the area there. Being that it is on the windward (Atlantic) side the water can be too choppy to enjoy snorkeling there. The sand kicks up a lot - so visibility is often not very good. There is hundreds of. 'Elkhorn Coral' out cropping throughout, after you get past the limestone ledges. It is beautiful between the Elkhorn coral, with sandy paths running all through. There is a small cay off the NW point of Double Bay beach, a kayak is recommended to visit the cay though. I think it is a 15%-25% chance to snorkel there in a 10 day period. So if anyone sees a calm day on the Atlantic side get in the water - those days are few.

6. Re: Kataluma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera