We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel safety in Eleuthera

Seymour
travel safety in Eleuthera

Can anyone please tell me how safe it is for a woman who travel alone in Eulethera? Should I be concern about crime and safety in some area. I plan to stay near Governor Harbor.

Eleuthera
reviews: 13
1. Re: travel safety in Eleuthera

I can't think of a place in the world that would be safer.

Take the normal precautions with your valuables, keep them out of sight, etc.

As for actual physical safety -- no worry at all. If any physical assault on a tourist has ever occurred over here, I'm unaware of it, at least in recent history.

Nassau is another story ... but 'Lutra, you're as safe as you'd be anywhere on the planet.

New York
reviews: 4
2. Re: travel safety in Eleuthera

As a fellow single female traveler, I agree that you'll be safe. I've spent a lot of time on Harbour Island and have done day trips to Eleuthera (for lunch at Tippy's). You'll find the people to be extremely friendly and helpful. Only thing would be to take precautions against petty crime, which you would have to do anywhere.

Grosse Pointe
3. Re: travel safety in Eleuthera

I routinely travel to Eleuthera alone and have never once felt uneasy. As a previous poster said however, as with anyplace, be prudent and don't leave valuables visible in the car as temptation. Lot's of people hitchhike on the island and while I pick them up on a regular basis, it's probably not something a new visitor should consider especially if there are homecomings scheduled on the island. Enjoy the serenety and peacefulness of the island.

4. Re: travel safety in Eleuthera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:24 am, October 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera