We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back- Romantic Bungalow

Mobile, Alabama
reviews: 6
Just back- Romantic Bungalow

We just returned from a week at the Romantic Bungalow in Palmetto Point. The house was wonderful-very clean, well equipped and very comfortable. The location would be hard to beat- right on the beach with a great deck where we spent lots of time! We opened all the sliders and windows (good screens) and enjoyed the sound of the rustling palm trees and surf all week. The weather was pretty windy most of the week due to a strong front that moved across the Bahamas after going across the US and making temps in the southern US plummet unseasonably. We had a great time adventuring every day and the house was in a good central location for that. The road to the house is quite rough but so were many other roads we encountered on the trip- the little jeep we rented did just fine. We drove down to Lighthouse Beach one day (a must do) and up to North Eleuthera another day where we took a water taxi to HI and rented a cart to explore and have lunch. The Glass Window Bridge is one of the most amazing sites I have ever seen anywhere in the world and that alone was worth the drive north. We ate out at Captain Jack's, Sunset Inn, Buccaneer Club, Unique Village (breakfast), Sammy's in Rock Sound, Water's Edge in Hatchet Bay, Valentine's in HI, and a carry out pizza from Mate and Jenny's but by far the best was the fish fry in Governor's Harbour- lots of fun- good food, music, and dancing in the streets. All in all, I think we enjoyed the nights we cooked in the best because you couldn't beat the view and it was so peaceful and relaxing not to have to go anywhere! Island Farms was nearby and we made several trips for fresh produce, freshly baked bread and wonderful guava jelly and mango salsa. They also have homemade pesto, roasted peppers and salad dressings in a refrigerator- be sure to look. We found groceries and gas convenient to the house with no problem at all. All of the people we encountered were so very friendly and helpful. We explored the old navy base beach, Lightbouse Beach, Double Bay, Winding Bay, Ten Bay, Rainbow Bay, Savannah Sound, Gaulding Bay beach, Cocodimama beach and our very favorite, old Club Med beach- spectacular.

I recommend Romantic Bungalow whole heartedly- it was truly peaceful, beautiful, quiet and romantic. We hardly saw a soul on the beach out front all week and merely waved at neighbors down the road when we drove by or walked by. Great location and great rental!

Las Vegas
reviews: 4
11. Re: Just back- Romantic Bungalow

Nice Post - good info. We are leaving in 3 weeks. Oh and about the crawfish not picked up? Susan @ Burrows is holding them for me :-)

bay village, ohio
reviews: 2
12. Re: Just back- Romantic Bungalow

i had been waiting to see you post! i am so glad that the trip was everthing that you wanted it to be! is n't that area the best! it is so central and you can see everything. we loved bahamian villa and romantic bungalow.

i am so happy for you that it was a good trip.

now we all have to go back!!

Mobile, Alabama
reviews: 6
13. Re: Just back- Romantic Bungalow

Thanks Riley! Just wish someone would fix that road! I walked next door to tell Merci goodbye when we were leaving and Bahamian Villa looked VERY nice!! That cold front that swept through the southern US that week hit the Bahamas as well so the water was cool and it was windy and rough a couple of days then got better. I think it has just been a weird winter/spring. We spent the day at Pensacola Beach(Florida) today (about an hour from where we live) and there were lots of people at the beach but no one in the water because it was so cold. We talked a lot today about how we were so amazed that on our two favorite beaches in Eleuthera- Club Med and Lighthouse- that we only saw a total of 6 people between the two beaches on a total of 3 beach days- unbelievable and so special to have somewhere that beautiful to yourself! Thanks for your message!

14. Re: Just back- Romantic Bungalow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, September 26, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera