We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather end of May

Rockford, IL
reviews: 68
Weather end of May

My Husband and I are planning a trip to Cat Island the end of May. I am wondering what to expect weather wise. Also wondering how bad the bugs will be?? Thanks in advance.

Mixerfixer in USSA
1. Re: Weather end of May

May? I'm JEALOUS! Weather is sizzling! Bugs are really not a problem in May. July and August bugs are a bit more of a problem, BUT the Bahamians are quick to spray islands because they don't want too many complaining tourists. No need for concern on that issue.

To keep an eye on the current weather, I suggest you log onto www.weather underground You'll get loads of info on that site right up until the day you leave ....and 7 days after!

Hope this helps. Enjoy yourselves!

where ever the wind...
2. Re: Weather end of May

End of May still has spring showers almost daily, but they come and go quickly. You shouldn't have much concern. Most people never even stop what they are doing for more than a minute.

Buggy, yes. Since Cat island is NOT a tourist destination, the island is not sprayed like some of the others.. although the resorts will make sure they are sprayed. Since it's rainy season. Mosquitos can still be a bother.

Bring along a Deet based product if your are susceptible.

Skin So Soft and other lighter products don't work well out that way.

We were there last spring and again in August.. Buggy both times.

The buggers don't bother me, but my girlfriend was bitten quite fiercely. Bring protection.. if you don't need it - all the better.

Rockford, IL
reviews: 68
3. Re: Weather end of May

Hey thanks for the info I really appreciate it, can't wait to go.

4. Re: Weather end of May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, August 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Cat Island