We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kamalame cay

Which Andros hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 25
Kamalame cay

I'm trying to find another PSV & this looks like a good possibility. Has anyone been to both? We're looking for gorgeous beaches, few people, private accommodation & good snorkelling. Ideally no communal dining, children (we'll leave ours at home) or glitzy nightlife. You know the feeling - you feel you've hit the jackpot when you arrive....?

Asheville, NC
reviews: 1
1. Re: Kamalame cay

Hi! My husband & I stayed at Kamalame Cay from 12.23.06- 01/-6/07 and before we left we had alreay booked again for another trip. We were married there and had our honeymoon during our stay. If you are looking for private and not seeing many people I would recommend requesting the Causarina beach villa. It has a hedge across the front which doesnt detract from the beach view but does allow more privacy. As far as the communal dining... everyone does eat together, but we always felt we had our privacy and you can request to have your meals delivered to your room if you don't want to eat at the Great House. If you are planning on doing this, I would recommend that you let Margaret know when you are making your reservations and would advise that you call a few hours in advance of the meal to get the menu and let Chef know. Definitley no glitzy nightlife. Just absolute perfection! You will definitely fall in love!

BTW... we looked at PSV for our wedding/honeymoon and went with Kamalame instead. Now I don't know if I'll make it to PSV bc we are so in love with this little spot of paradise!

UK
reviews: 25
2. Re: Kamalame cay

Thanks divabunny, it sounds wonderful. Are the beaches empty, but with comfy sunbeds & ice coolers? Did you go snorkelling? Did you explore the island ? How about sailing? I think when I looked at the website I fancied a cottage suite, does that sound suitable? Looking at transport we'd need to fly to Nassau, then Andros then a boat. Would you say it's too much effort for a week? I appreciate you input.

Andros, Bahamas
reviews: 3
3. Re: Kamalame cay

Polski, I don't know about PSV as I've never been, but have been to Kamalame several times. I think you would enjoy it.

As far as transportation, assuming you are coming from the UK on BA, then you should be able to catch the afternoon flight here to Andros (Westernair - usually leaves Nassau around 4:30, you can fly into either Andros Town or San Andros- 15 minute flights) If you let Kamalame know where you will be arriving they will organise for you to be collected, you will then drive to Staniard Creek (15-20 minute drive) and hop on the Sandbar Sally (Kamalame barge) for a 2 minute hop to the Cay and it is well worth it.

As for dining, meals are normally taken in the great house but you can have a table for 2 if you wish and they will also put you in the private dining room if you make arrangements before hand. I suggest that you email Margaret or Delilah at Kamalame and discuss your concerns with them

You can see some of my photos at http://community.webshots.com/user/annrolle

4. Re: Kamalame cay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, September 01, 2009