We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oceanfrontier Hideaway

Johnstown, PA
Oceanfrontier Hideaway

Does anyone have any info about the restaurants on Guana? We are arriving April 28 and staying at oceanfrontier. Do any restaurants provide transportation? Is there enough goceries/restaurants and beer on the island so that we can just relax on the beach for the week or will it be necessary to make a trip to Marsh Harbor?

Nashville, TN
reviews: 5
1. Re: Oceanfrontier Hideaway

Can't speak too much about the restaurants on Guana. We stopped off for an afternoon at Nippers which was okay...the rum punch was good but lethal!! I imagine there will be a small grocery on Guana as there are lots of people who stay and visit there. The islands in the Abacos that we visited that had settlements on them all had at least one grocery on them. Be prepared to pay a premium for your items but I was pleasantly surprised how well stocked they were. Beer won't be a problem....you need to drink the Bahamian beer KALIK while there...and if you don't already know....there is a big difference between the regular Kalik and the Kalik Gold (my hubby found out first hand).

Have a great trip!!!

ohio
2. Re: Oceanfrontier Hideaway

We stayed on Guana quite a few times. Stayed at Oceanfrontier a few times too. The only transportation on the island when we were there were golf carts. Oceanfrontier is right beside Nippers, the main bar-restaurant on the island. There is also the Sunset Bar and Grill ( the old Guana Beach Resort) which has an excellent outdoor restaurant. We stayed there a few months ago. There is a grocery store that is pretty well stocked and they also have a liquor store. We have vacationed on the island 7 times and never had to go to Marsh Harbor for anything. And I am sure any one of the restaurants will send a cart for you. We mostly walked to everything. Have a wonderful vacation. Feel free to email if you have any other questions.

3. Re: Oceanfrontier Hideaway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, August 25, 2009