We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay? Kids, snorkeling, food...

Saugatuck, Michigan
Where to stay? Kids, snorkeling, food...

Hello all! We're a group of 4 adults, 2 kids (6&8) looking for an "affordable" Caribbean vacation, ideally including: snorkeling right off the beach, beachfront hotel, great food, other kids around (not tons, but the likelihood of some at least). I'd love a place with an 'international' vibe and maybe a small town to walk to. Hiking or some other activity a plus. We're not into AIs, Resorts, chain restaurants, etc.

We'd loooove to go to St. John (more for snorkeling than 'international' feel) but I'm thinking it's too expensive...so maybe the Bahamas would be better?

Thanks!

New York
1. Re: Where to stay? Kids, snorkeling, food...

The Bahamas is close to the US, so airfare is reasonable. I would not stay in Nassau as it is too busy and not representative of the beauty of the Bahamas. Check out Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort on long island if you are looking for a beautiful beach and wonderful resort. Family friendly and very safe. Good luck.

New York
2. Re: Where to stay? Kids, snorkeling, food...

The Bahamas is close to the US, so airfare is reasonable. I would not stay in Nassau as it is too busy and not representative of the beauty of the Bahamas. Check out Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort on long island if you are looking for a beautiful beach and wonderful resort. Family friendly and very safe. Good luck.

3. Re: Where to stay? Kids, snorkeling, food...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, August 22, 2009