We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who can tell me their experience with Caribbean Cruise Lines

Which Freeport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Who can tell me their experience with Caribbean Cruise Lines

Who can tell me their experience with Caribbean Cruise Lines timeshare deal? We are then staying at the Lucaya Hotel in the Bahamas for a couple of days. What should we expect?

Central PA
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
reviews: 53
1. Re: Who can tell me their experience with Caribbean Cruise Lines

Many comments:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147420-i186-k6115…

Des Moines, Iowa
reviews: 69
2. Re: Who can tell me their experience with Caribbean Cruise Lines

I have not heard of the "Lucaya Hotel". There is a Grand Lucayan which is a very nice place, right on the beach and across from the Marketplace.

3. Re: Who can tell me their experience with Caribbean Cruise Lines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:37 pm, February 16, 2013
Putnam, Connecticut
reviews: 2
4. Re: Who can tell me their experience with Caribbean Cruise Lines

Caribbean Cruise Lines now seems to be (Bahamas) Celebration Cruise Line, a one-ship cruise out of West Palm Beach to Freeport, Grand Bahama Island. We've purchased passage for sometime between now and July 2013. Their website, where we can review our reservation, reads Caribbean Cruise Lines, but all other correspondence says Bahamas Celebration.

From our research, it is a legitimate budget, two-day cruise to Freeport. One can extend their vacation by staying in Freeport for a couple of days and then return to W Palm on the same ship.

People's idea of a scam seems to come from the fact that independent "agencies" are allowed to "sell" trips at a discount according to their own rules such as "you have won a free trip" or "listen to a timeshare session and receive a free cruise." These seem to be independent of the cruise ship itself.

People have gotten a good deal just by contacting the cruise line itself or by using such discounts as "group-on." See cruisecritic.com, member reviews, for first-hand accounts of cruisers' experiences. Hope this helps.

Edited: 2:35 pm, February 16, 2013
Central PA
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
reviews: 53
5. Re: Who can tell me their experience with Caribbean Cruise Lines

The ship was built in 1981, it is a budget based trip, offered for $99 on cable TV. As long as you do your research, know what you are getting and any additional port charges before you pull the trigger on a purchase.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Bahamas_Celebration

Juneau, Alaska
6. Re: Who can tell me their experience with Caribbean Cruise Lines

“ Bahamas Celebration Cruise Port of West Palm - Grand Bahama ”

Feb 17, 2013, 10:37 AM

We cruised February 7 - 9, 2013 with our wheelchair bound 6 year old.

After reading some of these Trip Advisors reviews I will admit that we were very concerned about what to expect. We try to give our son as many experiences and opportunities as possible, and since the cruise was only two days, we decided to chance it - and I am very happy to report that we had amazingly great time.

Our cabin suite 7212 was spacious and comfortable, dining at The Cove and Crystal Room was first rate, we enjoyed masssages in the spa, dips in the pool, the poolside dance contest, and the evening entertainment. The crew was unerringly friendly, attentive and very helpful. Our excursion to the Our Lucaya Resort and stroll to the nearby strawmarket on Grand Bahama Island was well organized, and very pleasant. We met a couple, Cindy & Chris, from southern Illinois who had been to a time share presentation just west of Ft. Lauderdale, who had gotten a deal on their cruise. We had a great time chatting with them over lunch at the resort after a swim in the ocean and soak in the jacuzzi.

I wrote up a more detailed review but it has not posted yet.

7. Re: Who can tell me their experience with Caribbean Cruise Lines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 21, 2014