We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

viva club

Which Freeport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
viva club

hi there i just posted a question on a older thread. thought i would add another one.. we are planning on going to the Club Viva Fortuna, Freeport .. any information would be greatly appreciated.. ex tips and which money to use... and how much does the safe cost we are doing a allinclusive. is there a shopping plaza nearby or excursion for shopping. what does the rum cost.. especially to bring home. and is there a departure tax.. we have been to mexico and jamaica and the domenican but never here it has always been something we have wanted to do.. any help would be great thanks chris ;o)

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
1. Re: viva club

I think the safe was a few bucks a day. All types of booze available, depends on the brand, quality, etc. Port Lucayan has most of the shopping, we rode the free bikes there. You can grab a cab as well, not that far away. There is a straw market type set-up with lots of vendors. Also jewelry stores and specialty shops. http://portlucayamarketplace.com/lucaya/

You can rent a car onsite for about $50 per day. There is nothing nearby, just several beach vendors. Departure tax is included in the airline ticket price, at least for US.

canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
2. Re: viva club

thanks mike for the information.. can you tell me is us money good for tips and shopping or do we have to convert to their currency.. thanks again chris ;o)

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
38,262 posts
146 reviews
3. Re: viva club

Can$ and other non-US currencies would be ok for tipping but not in most shops; though the ones in the vicinyty of the cruise ship docking jetty are most used to it. Generally IF the shop accepts it the exchange rate will be more in their favour than in yours, so best to exchange to USD at a bank or licensed changer...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
4. Re: viva club

chrissy, the exchange rate for the Bahamian dollar = US dollar. 1 for 1, no problem

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
38,262 posts
146 reviews
5. Re: viva club

Yes, but seeing the profile Chrissy is not normally carrying US$, only Can$ ;-)

Tnx,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
6. Re: viva club

Erik, she specifically asked about US currency..."can you tell me is us money good for tips and shopping or do we have to convert to their currency."

So the answer is no, no need to convert from US currency...

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
38,262 posts
146 reviews
7. Re: viva club

Oops, in slang 'us' can mean same as 'our'. So yes I misread the meaning, sorry ;-)

<Erik>

8. Re: viva club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 27, 2013