We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Ocean at Taino Beach

Which Freeport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hobe Sound, Florida
The Ocean at Taino Beach

Anyone stay here recently????

I'm actually looking for a place close to the Square.... any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Alberta
reviews: 1
1. Re: The Ocean at Taino Beach

Hi,

I'm going there Oct. 28, 2012 and wondering what you thought of the resort and the area. Is it safe for a person alone?

Thanks,

Irene

reviews: 680
2. Re: The Ocean at Taino Beach

There is a 5 minute, $5pp ferry to Port Lucaya that departs hourly from across the street from Taino Beach. Hotels located right at Port Lucaya are only Radisson and Pelican Bay.

Yes, very safe.

Alberta
reviews: 1
3. Re: The Ocean at Taino Beach

Thanks so much for your reply. Sincerely, Sally

Decatur, Illinois...
4. Re: The Ocean at Taino Beach

looking for information about this resort, are the reviews as bad as they say, are the rooms at the ocean studios nice and good views.

Mid-michigan
reviews: 13
5. Re: The Ocean at Taino Beach

Yes, Taino Resort is safe. I stayed there by myself. Took the ferry to Port Lucaya sqare. Taino has security guard walking the grounds all night.

Mid-michigan
reviews: 13
6. Re: The Ocean at Taino Beach

Th Ocean studio has excellent ocean view from the balcony. Hotel room of Ocean on the walkway, no view. The Ocean building is the closest to the beach, decor is Vegas meets Flintstones, kinda gaudy . Taino has a great pool, with pool bar.

montreal
7. Re: The Ocean at Taino Beach

I'm going this Feb. I'm getting mixed reviews about the resort. From a 1- to 10 how nice is it.

Walker
reviews: 9
8. Re: The Ocean at Taino Beach

All of the bldgs are around the pool. This is a run down resort and they stole $100 from me. After several attempts to contact them, they just ignored me. The pool is always full of leaves, there is NO maid service and they could really care less if you are there or not! Port Lucaya is really the only place to shop. When you check in, they are nice....after that they could care less. The "resort" rooms are hodgepodged together. The only nice place, from what I hear, is the Marlin. Some people enjoy this place....not me! Don't get tricked into their "bonfire" it is a waste of time and the food sucks!

Sorry to be a "Debby Downer" but this is THE WORST place we have ever stayed at!