We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation the End Of Feb.

Which Freeport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hudson WI
Vacation the End Of Feb.

My wife and I will be in Freeport from Feb.25 to March 4th. What can we expect as far as the weather and will there be anything going on for Mardi Gras?

Northeast, MA
1. Re: Vacation the End Of Feb.

We'll miss you by a day, as we're returning home from our next trip on the 24th. The Bahamas does not celebrate Mardi Gras. You're best bet for entertainment will be found in the Count Basie Square at the Port Lucaya Marketplace and Marina. Saturdays they have a Bahamian live show in the square that is quite good. People of all ages come out and enjoy the evening. They also have some type of live entertainment there most other nights and the square is surrounded by restaurants and outside lounges. There is ample seating both in those establishments and in the square itself. That's the best I think you'll find in late February/early March. If weather is normal daytime highs will run from the low 70s to low 80s and water temperatures will be in the low 70s. You should probably take light jackets or sweaters for evening wear since it can be cool. That includes daytime if cool fronts move through. GBI is less than 60 miles from Ft. Lauderdale and pretty much mirrors their weather during the winter months. Hope this helps a little.

Danny

Hudson WI
2. Re: Vacation the End Of Feb.

Thank you for the information and I hope you enjoy your trip.