We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise to Freeport, Bahamas and the Hurricane

Which Freeport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pottstown, PA
Cruise to Freeport, Bahamas and the Hurricane

Hello.....I am hoping someone may be able to help me out here. In about two weeks, I am set to cruise to Freeport to stay for three nights and I am a bit worried about the damages that Hurricane Frances wrecked havoc on the island. Can anyone tell me anything that they've heard or anyone's opinions whether or not I should reschedule soon. Will everything be ok do you think in two weeks? Or better to reschedule? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Theresa

theresalwells@yahoo.com

Bel Air, MD
reviews: 22
11. Re: Cruise to Freeport, Bahamas and the Hurricane

I'm scheduled for a trip in early Nov. The Sheraton @ Our Lucaya emailed me, they said they would be closed until Oct 1 for repairs, the tennis center and a few other facilities may be closed longer. I'm waiting a few more weeks and then I'll try calling them directly.

Boston
12. Re: Cruise to Freeport, Bahamas and the Hurricane

www.bahamas.com/bahamas/about/general.aspx…

check this site reg. they update it often

NYC
13. Re: Cruise to Freeport, Bahamas and the Hurricane

Spoke to someone in Freeport Saturday 9/18 and he told me the food is very scare there. No cable tv and West End heavily damaged. He also said Royal Oasis hotel will not open until February 2005. Also most hotels got alot of damage, and there are not tourists on the island. The airlines do not plan on flying in there until either 9/30/04 or 10/01/04....Please anyone respond if you have any additonal information. I am planning on going down 10/9/04, but the person I spoke to said, if I come down at that time that there will be very little activity their because of the storm. He also told me to bring food because they have very little food on the island.

Central, SC
reviews: 1
14. Re: Cruise to Freeport, Bahamas and the Hurricane

What is the current status of downtown Freeport? I am scheduled to be at Island Palms Resort in December, and have not heard anything from the travel agent. Does anyone have current information? Thanks