We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

confused! Help

pa
reviews: 13
confused! Help

Looking at a possible cruise with a stop at Grand Bahama Island.After trying to do some research I'm wondering is Freeport on the same island and is there only one place to dock? How far is it to the national park then?

Central PA
reviews: 59
1. Re: confused! Help

Yes, Freeport is located on GBI. The Lucayan National Park is located mid island, about 30 miles from the port. You would need to rent a car or take a taxi.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147419-d5…

pa
2. Re: confused! Help

Thanks for the reply! Which would be cheaper and how would we be safety wise? Also do you know id there is anycar rentals near the port?

Central PA
reviews: 59
3. Re: confused! Help

Brads car rental will pick you up, they get high marks. http://www.bradscarrental.com/

Safe? The island is safe for tourists, usual common sense applies.

pa
4. Re: confused! Help

I did check on their site but there is a minimum of a 3 day rental so I guess a taxi would be the way to go. Any idea how much it would cost from the port to the park?

reviews: 680
5. Re: confused! Help

Celebrity Car Rentals is there at the pier. Not the cheapest or the best, but certainly the most convenient. Don't go by what you read on the website for anything in GBI - most of it is out of date, much of it is wishful thinking, and more of it is well...negotiable. I don't mean prices, but services.

I'd rent a car to go out there or take a tour. There are several good ones.

6. Re: confused! Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Grand Bahama Island