We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best time to go to Freeport

Nebraska
best time to go to Freeport

Ive never been to the Bahamas, I was wondering what is the best time of the year to be in Freeport as far as activities and weather? Thank you.

Northeast, MA
1. Re: best time to go to Freeport

For activities and the most bustle on the island January-February is the highest of high season. For weather I'd select May or November. Still warm enough to suit almost everyone but not in the hot humid summertime. It's slower than but still has a tourist edge to it especially the first half of May and the last half of November. Just my opinion.

Danny

Atlanta, GA
reviews: 3
2. Re: best time to go to Freeport

I went to Freeport 2 years ago during the week of Thanksgiving, wouldn't recommend it. The weather was a frigid 50 degrees.

Northeast, MA
3. Re: best time to go to Freeport

I find the reference to Bahamas weather in the "frigid 50s" in late November of 2003 to be suspect. I checked weather histories for the Bahamas and every day's high and low between 20 November and 02 December 2003, since I know it is extremely unlikely anything like that could happen in January or February, much less November. The lowest high temperature was 69 degrees and the lowest low temperature was 64 degrees. All but 2-3 of the other days were in the low 80s for highs. Those 2-3 other days were in the 70s. The "average" temperature for the Bahamas in November is 74 degrees. Add and subtract a number such as six to the average and you've got an average high of 80 and an average low of 68.

U.S.A
reviews: 46
4. Re: best time to go to Freeport

DO NOT go to the Bahamas in winter. It is not warm there. They sort of mislead people with their advertising about coming to the "Caribbean". You're gonna have to go a lot farther south than the Bahamas if you want warm weather in the winter. We have been once in December and it was awful. We froze to death. We didn't bring warm enough clothes. You couldn't even stand to use the pool or even hot tub because it was too cold. We also went once in June and once in August and it was wonderful. If you are looking for consistent sun and warm water, go then! I have some beaches to recommend too. The beach in front of the Island Seas Condos had the whitest sand in our opinion and we did some great snorkeling there. There is parking along the road a bit of a ways down from the condos, to visit this beach.There was no reef, at least none that I was brave enough to swim out to--I'm a bit of a chicken. But, in less than waist deep water, we saw angel fish and many other sea creatures every day. Also, if you snorkel among the rocks many smaller fish are hiding among them and it was really cool to see those guys. If you are looking for some action on the weekends especially, visit Taino Beach. It's more of a party crowd beach. Hope this helps.