We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this Island *family safe* ?

3 posts
Is this Island *family safe* ?

We were all ready to book our 2 wk trip to Nassau, very excited, as its something ive wanted to see my entire life. Then i started researching and reading up, and Nassau now scares the crap out of me. I dont feel its safe to bring my 4 small children to. Is Grand Bahama any better? Is it safe for my babies and myself? Any helpful hints and tips would be GREATLY appreciated!! I dont want to miss seeing that beautiful water due to fear, but the saftey of myself and my kids come first! Thanks in advance,

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
1. Re: Is this Island *family safe* ?

GBI is fine. Crime can happen anywhere, crimes against tourists are rare. Be smart and you'll be fine.

Ashland, OH
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Is this Island *family safe* ?

I am at Grand Bahama right now with 2toddlers! It is safe. The beaches are great. There aren't tons of kids activities but if they like the outdoors, you'll be fine. We spent several hours at Garden of the Groves. They have a playground and a lot of meandering paths. We plan to see th Lucayan park and swim with the dolphins later in the week. A grocery store is close to Lucaya and helps with supplies. The people here are nice. Not over friendly but almost stoic. Then all the sudden they warm up to you. They do like kids. They are a few rare panhandlers here and there but they don't seem to mess with us because of the kids. You can beat how short the flight was to get here!

3. Re: Is this Island *family safe* ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, December 15, 2013