We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Damage to Deadman's Reef / Paradise cove area?

Dublin, Ohio
reviews: 8
Damage to Deadman's Reef / Paradise cove area?

Anyone heard about Barry Smith (and family)? Barry (I think) is the manager of the Paradise cove property / villas / "red bar" over at deadman's reef.

I read updates about it being under water at one point, and haven't heard any aftermath updates!

I haven't been able to get any detailed information about it on this forum, I've been a little disappointed by that. Is anyone on GBI that could update this forum???

Please help,

Our prayers go out to all who have been affected by Wilma,

Peter Strike

Indianapolis, IN

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
reviews: 35
1. Re: Damage to Deadman's Reef / Paradise cove area?

There's a bahamian forum at ibahamian.com that might be able to give you some info.

It's not a travel site, but the posters are bahamian and some live or have family on GBI.

Neenah, Wisconsin
2. Re: Damage to Deadman's Reef / Paradise cove area?

We were snorkeling their just last month! I do have an e-mail and website - providing there is electricity:

www.deadmansreef.com

pcove@batelnet.bs

www.bahamasnet.com/paridisecove

Dublin, Ohio
3. Re: Damage to Deadman's Reef / Paradise cove area?

Thanks for the suggestions and info... I'll check it out...

Peter

Dublin, Ohio
4. Re: Damage to Deadman's Reef / Paradise cove area?

Hey all... this reply directly from Barry Smith (manager of the property) came on another forum...

Hey all,

Just got the following email from Barry who is the owner of Paradise Cove.

Janice,

I'm sorry to say that Paradise Cove was destroyed by Wilma. We are trying to get the snorkeling back up and running by January 1st. The rental units that is another story. I can not say how long it will be before they will be up again. I will put updates onthe web site so you can tell people to check it from time to time.

Thanks Barry

Get answers to your questions about Grand Bahama Island