We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring weather

Which Paradise Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Eden, New York
reviews: 1
Spring weather

Planning a Trip to Atlantis March or April 2014, can anyone tell me generally what the weather is that time of year, ocean warm??!! etc. etc. etc

We went last year at the end of May and it rained EVERY day!! :(

TIA

7 replies to this topic
Valley Stream, NY
reviews: 31
1. Re: Spring weather

We've only been in June (twice). Once at the beginning of June, once in the middle. I thought the ocean was chilly in the beginning of June, by the middle of June it was much warmer. Of course, everyone's tolerance is different, so just my opinion, it would probably be chilly for me in spring :)

Eden, New York
2. Re: Spring weather

thanks princess - looking at April or May prob.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
3. Re: Spring weather

You are better off going in April or early May as the rainy season in the Bahamas begins around May 22. I've gone in early May six times and it rarely rained during those visits.

Eden, New York
4. Re: Spring weather

Thanks Tigervette

Glastonbury...
5. Re: Spring weather

Just to let the OP know, the rail they had at the end of May was VERY unusual and not normal at all despite technically being in the rainy season.

Most of the time, even in the rainy season, it will rain hard for no more than an hour or two each day and then be sunny---albiet hot and humid.

I visited first half of June of 2012 and I didn't get a single drop of precip on me.

Edited: 6:26 am, August 25, 2013
Glastonbury...
6. Re: Spring weather

The ocean in Mar or Apr is a bit chilly for my taste, but I get cold easily.

I prefer July to visit as the water is nice and warm then but its before the hurricane season (not technically, but chances are very slim of getting hit that early)

Eden, New York
7. Re: Spring weather

Thanks papafox, I do agree when we went last year it was a HUGE system all the way from FLA that was affecting us there - I was just trying to plan on if the pools/ocean are warm enough if we went in March/April!!

Reply to: Spring weather
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island