We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our trip to Paradise- July 29- August 2

Which Paradise Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belleville, Ontario
reviews: 25
Our trip to Paradise- July 29- August 2

Thank you to everyone who helped me on this Forum, we had our best vacation ever!!!

Travelling: Mom and son 13 and daughter 17. Daughter grew up watching Mary Kate and Ashley in Holiday in the Sun- dreamed about going to Atlantis. We travel outside of Canada at March Break to Florida most years. I started looking at options for Paradise Island without telling kids. I like to travel on a budget and did my research so there will be no talk of how expensive it was. Booked a package with Cheapcaribbean July 1st and told kids next day. Happy days.

Travel: Direct from Toronto on Westjet. Flight down on time. Return 10 minutes late. No TV- but movies provided. Booked Sandra Ferguson from recs on here. Waiting at Airport with name card, really enjoyed our ride and conversation. Prompt with return trip-highly recommend Sandra. Only took one other taxi and friendly driver and rate quoted. Took ferry once from Nassau to Paradise Island, waited 20 minutes to leave, met nice people.

Accommodation: Comfort Suites, I had read so many tips I felt like I already lived here! Arrived at 2:30 and Deanya checked us in within 5 minutes. Room 118. Walkout to pool although in the corner. Had hoped for two doubles and got a King and sofa. Walked back up to lobby and it was swamped. Counted my blessings and stayed with 118. No elevator needed, breakfast outside our door, late night relaxing swims. Within two minutes we turned one way or another and we were on the walkway to store or Atlantis. Room was clean and kept clean, bathroom spotless. I would recommend this hotel to anyone on a budget.

Food: allowed 50 lb. suitcases free for each person flying. Brought- 6 bottled water,12 bottles of pop, 6 cans of beer. Micro popcorn, pop tarts,crackers, beef jerky, trail mix, sunflower seeds, Pringles, handisnacks,candy, etc. Ate breakfast at Comfort Suites, bacon one day out of four, sausages okay, waffles, muffins, bagels, eggs. Kids are picky eaters and so I focused only on what they liked and where we could get it. Ate at Johnny Rockets 2 nights, $50, $70 with milkshakes. Marina Pizza lunch $30, Dominos delivered to the CI- 2 large 1 toppings and pop-$30 with extra tip. Anthony's Happy Hour- less than $30 with tip. Quizno's- 3 medium club subs $25. That's about it except for snacks.

Atlantis: Loved every minute of it. We went there from Mon. Aft. To Fri. Departure. Sat in the water at Cove Beach until 20 minutes before airport taxi. We went at all hours and explored, the Dig was especially fun at night. Kids adored the slides while I relaxed at Cove beach. I loved the Current/Rapids until suddenly I took the forward rollover- note to self-wait for kids to go with you. I don't think there was too much of the property we didn't get to. All staff very friendly, never felt different as CS guest. We were sad to leave. Marina Village was fun at night.

Blue Lagoon Dolphin Excursion: Wonderful trip, worth every penny. Came back on the early ferry though as kids wanted to get back to Atlantis.

Nassau: Went to the Straw Market but kids were nervous and didn't like all the attention. We did get some fun souvenirs. I had planned to go to Señor Frogs but we just took the ferry back. For such a short trip I guess it wasn't necessary.

Anyway enough of this long TR. Would be happy to answer any questions. It was so worth it, hope to go back at least once more.

Valley Stream, NY
reviews: 31
1. Re: Our trip to Paradise- July 29- August 2

Great report Kim, knew you would love it!! Hope you get to go again in the future :)

Nassau, New...
2. Re: Our trip to Paradise- July 29- August 2

Really enjoyed reading your TR and it's just great that you had your best vacation ever! Thanks for the laugh about waiting for the kids in the lazy river, and like the way you were in the water up until the very last minute. Thanks for posting :)

Edited: 1:08 am, September 19, 2013
3. Re: Our trip to Paradise- July 29- August 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:56 am, November 28, 2013
4. Re: Our trip to Paradise- July 29- August 2

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:37 pm, September 20, 2013
Nassau, New...
5. Re: Our trip to Paradise- July 29- August 2

Hi wwbev711 & Tigervette -

I think it's fantastic that Kim61 had her *most wonderful trip ever* in The Bahamas with her family! I especially think it's so nice that she took the time to write about it & share her trip experience.

Don't you think it's great when people go home and write TRs? I even hope that other people reading these forums will decide to come to The Bahamas after reading Kim61's TR.

I think they'll read what an amazing time she and her family had, have some knowledge about how much (or how little) you can spend for food at Atlantis, maybe stay at Comfort Suites, or go to Blue Lagoon, and even stay in the sea until the last minute - and all the while they'll be looking forward to meeting lots of wonderful friendly Bahamians - just like Kim61 did!

P.S. and yes, I love reading TRs :)

Edited: 1:24 pm, September 19, 2013
6. Re: Our trip to Paradise- July 29- August 2

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:56 am, November 28, 2013
7. Re: Our trip to Paradise- July 29- August 2

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:38 pm, September 20, 2013
8. Re: Our trip to Paradise- July 29- August 2

9. Re: Our trip to Paradise- July 29- August 2

Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island