We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying Cloud?

Oldsmar, Florida
reviews: 13
Flying Cloud?

I am looking into snorkeling trips for our Bahamas visit in October. I see there is a 5-hour trip on Sundays that takes you to Rose Island. What about the half-day trips on the other days? Do they go to Rose Island too or just out to a reef and back? How is the snorkeling?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
1. Re: Flying Cloud?

The almost daily half day excursions also take you to the reef at Rose Island. You have the option of going ashore for an hour or snorkeling over the reef, about 500 ft. from shore, but not both. The snorkeling is excellent. The tops of the reef are only about 6 ft. from the surface making it easy to dive down and swim among the very colorful coral and fish. I've gone on this excursion five times. It is that nice there and the trip out and back is very relaxing and quiet lasting about an hour each way.

Edited: 5:42 pm, August 12, 2013
Houston
reviews: 8
2. Re: Flying Cloud?

We just went on the Sunday 5 hour excursion and had a great time. You sail out to the snorkel spot, snorkel once you arrive, then head to Rose Island. You can eat lunch on the boat or on the island. We wished there was a bit more time on the island to relax but it was overall a good time. Lunch was actually not too bad and is catered by Anthony's. After that you sail back to the dock. Let me know if you have any specific questions or would like to see some pictures.

Oldsmar, Florida
3. Re: Flying Cloud?

Thank you! Now I just have to figure if we want to do the Sunday trip or the shorter one. On the Sunday we'll be there, there are 5 ships in port including Oasis. That might be the best day to get away from Nassau. :-)

I'd love to see your pictures, Kyle.

Oldsmar, Florida
4. Re: Flying Cloud?

Just thought of one more question. Do these trip book up? Would you advise booking in advance or booking at the hotel when we get there? We're going in mid-October, if that makes a difference.

5. Re: Flying Cloud?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 14, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island