We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

comfort inn suites rooms by atlantis - can fit 5?

columbus, ohio
reviews: 8
comfort inn suites rooms by atlantis - can fit 5?

Our family of five (husband, me, three kids, 9, 7 and 5) are considering going to the Bahamas at the end of August to visit Atlantis. In order to save truckloads of cash so we can actually eat while we are there we are considering booking a room at Comfort Inn with a king bed and a sofa bed. We would all fit as we have done this before but the website states that it is a maximum occupancy of 4. I am worried that if the five of us show up, they will deny us the room or make us pay double for the extra room (if they even have one that late in the game). I realize we would have to buy an extra ticket for atlantis and maybe an extra breakfast buffet. Would this work? Has anyone tried this? Any other tips to save money at Atlantis? Thanks, Lisa

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
reviews: 35
1. Re: comfort inn suites rooms by atlantis - can fit 5?

You will denied a room. Period. This is a fire law, it is not negotiable. They are VERY aware that people try to do this all the time, and counter it.

Book another room or book at Harbourside in a larger room for your family.

columbus, ohio
reviews: 8
2. Re: comfort inn suites rooms by atlantis - can fit 5?

I thought that might be the case. The website also indicates that there is a $15.95 per person, per night "energy surcharge" and a $5 per person per night cleaning fee, which doesn't make comfort suites seem like much of a bargain anymore.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
reviews: 35
3. Re: comfort inn suites rooms by atlantis - can fit 5?

Most hotels in the bahamas have similar fees, surcharges and taxes. Comfort Suite is transparent with these upfront. No hiding them.

New York
reviews: 11
4. Re: comfort inn suites rooms by atlantis - can fit 5?

In one type of Harborside room,I belive its the delux ,Not sure of the name ,they alllow 5 people.If you rent it by the week ,rent it through atlantis family fun .if you rent it by the days ,go through atlantis ,still they add energy tax and etc on .

Chicago
reviews: 41
5. Re: comfort inn suites rooms by atlantis - can fit 5?

Harborside!! The one bedroom premium unit at Harborside allows up to 5 guests. It is rather spacious and fits a rollaway nicely. I'd suggest Atlantis Family Fun rather than Atlantis directly, or rent from an owner.

Check out this owner/broker on vrbo.com for a Harborside rental. http://www.vrbo.com/410213. We rented from her in March and had an excellent experience. Paid a lot less than through Atlantis.

6. Re: comfort inn suites rooms by atlantis - can fit 5?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 22, 2014