We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating outside of Atlantis resort

Lisle, Illinois
reviews: 12
Eating outside of Atlantis resort

My husband and I will be in Atlantis staying at the Coral Towers in late January. I've read many reviews about the expensive restaurants at the Atlantis and how many are not even worth it. And we enjoy getting away from the resort anyway.

I see several restaurants in Nassau and have read about some options "over the bridge". Looking for advice or tips on how to best get to some of these non-Atlantis restaurants outside of the Atlantis resort. I'm more specifically referring to the ones "over the bridge" in Nassau. I've read about Anthony's and Bimini and other options in the Marina so I know those exist. Not sure we even need to go as far as downtown Nassau.

Could we walk to any? Would you suggest walking only during the day?

How much would a cab cost to eat Luciano's of Chicago (as an example)? Or Seafront Sushi?

Any favorites? Only needing about 2-3 restaurant suggestions.

Thanks so much!

Norfolk, Virginia
reviews: 21
11. Re: Eating outside of Atlantis resort

Without a doubt I recommed Montagu Gardens in Nassau. The menu is varied and reasonably priced. If you call and make reservations they will come pick you and then drop you back off at Atlantis, free of charge. The food is wonderful.

NC
reviews: 33
12. Re: Eating outside of Atlantis resort

There is a restaurant on P.I. that we usually try to go to at least once when we're in Nassau, the Blue Lagoon - romantic - probably not for a 2 yr. old. It's located down from Atlantis. Last time we were there was last Memorial Holiday (May 2012). The food was not as good as before, but we will visit again. It just seems like the way "old" Nassau must have been. We're heading back at the end of january and will give it a try again. It was located in Club Land'Or, I think that's the name, an older hotel or time-share on the other side of the Atlantis Marina. Catch the Atlantis shuttle to and the driver will ususally drop you off for a tip. A short walk back, go out the back fence of Club Land'or and stroll back by the marina. nice walk.

And agree not to rent scooters. First trip, maybe second, we made to P.I., we rented a scooter, together. Had a great time riding over the big bridge and down through Nassau and then back out towards the south end. But my husband said he thought something was wrong with the brakes. When we came back across the P.I. bridge we could not STOP the scooter. My husband geared down or something and we finally stopped, after running through the stop light. I was terrified.

13. Re: Eating outside of Atlantis resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 14, 2014