We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harborside at Atlantis

canada
reviews: 2
Harborside at Atlantis

Hi there, just curious will be renting a 2 bedroom lock-off in January and will have 2 toddlers and one 10 mo old? Does anyone know if kids under 3 need to wear a wristband too? Are they included in the max occupancy? We are 5 adults and 3 children but another relative will come for a partial week making 9 people but 3 of them are small children.

Also any room recommendations? we are arriving on a Sunday.

Has phase I been renovated or is it still that funky blue?

Thanks in advance!

Also FYI- when I got my confirmation from the resort it indicated that the pool, hot tub and restaurant will be closed for renovations from January 7 - February 15. I called the resort to get more info but the person there had no idea what I was talking about and said it was news to him? Sheesh!

olney, md
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
reviews: 9
1. Re: Harborside at Atlantis

We will be there in January also--we are owners and have been going for 12 years and I am really bummed about the pool renovations. I have emailed the GM there that this work should not be done in the high season and was told that this was when the contractors could do the work. But to me it doesn't make sense. We go to Atlantis every day but like to come back to the quiet of Harborside hot tub and ability to get a drink from the restaurant.

No they don't make little ones wear the wristbands. 9 people are allowed in a two bedroom lock off--we always have 9--if needed you can order a roll away but cribs/roll aways really only fit in the larger side of the lock off--

If you have any other questions let me know--we started going when our now 14 year old grandson was 2--it is still his favorite vacation!

canada
2. Re: Harborside at Atlantis

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I was so disappointed when I heard. But everything's booked so now we're stuck.

Do you find the weather in january is still warm enough to swim usually? (pools not ocean.)

Which building is preferred? When I called the front desk guy said it would either be building 7 or building 4 bc I'm arriving on a Sunday. Do you know if the phase 1 buildings updated yet?

In still really excited for the trip and any tips would appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

olney, md
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
reviews: 9
3. Re: Harborside at Atlantis

Phase 1 is updated--and according to newsletter with our maintenance fee bill (ugh) they have now done kichen appliances. Pools are heated and we usually find January a good month--it is possible to be a little cool one day and also at night. As long as sun is out it is fine.

As far as rooms if you are going the assigned week of your owner you may get their assigned unit. They don't usually honor requests from non owners and honestly even owners. Yes arrival day determines your building but honestly you will spend so little time in the room it hardly matters.

Since we travel with grandchildren we bring snacks and a rolling cooler.

I use Sandra Ferguson taxi service--she will bring car seats if you want them and also Food Store 2 go to bring items we need to get there. I find this works best instead of using the shuttle to go to the grocery.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
reviews: 35
4. Re: Harborside at Atlantis

Sandra's new website is at:

www.sandrastaxibahamas.com

canada
5. Re: Harborside at Atlantis

Thank you for the wonderful tips!

Really happy to hear about Sandra since she can provide car seats which will save us the headache of lugging it around the airport! That's so great!! Will definitely be calling her!

Also good advice about ordering groceries, so convenient and will save a trip into town.

Much appreciated!!!

chicago
reviews: 21
6. Re: Harborside at Atlantis

You can also take the shuttle bus to avoid car seats, my daughter was free and I paid $40 round trip

Toronto, Ontario
reviews: 3
7. Re: Harborside at Atlantis

Ooh.... what's this about a shuttle bus? Do I arrange that through Harborside? Is it the kind that stops at all of the resorts?

Edited: 11:59 pm, December 04, 2012
chicago
reviews: 21
8. Re: Harborside at Atlantis

It goes straight to Atlantis, the company is Dan Knowles , I booked from Atlantis website

9. Re: Harborside at Atlantis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, December 17, 2013