We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any free locations on Paradise Island to have a wedding?

Which Paradise Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Horseheads, New York
reviews: 46
Any free locations on Paradise Island to have a wedding?

My son and his fiancee are taking a cruise and one of the stops is nassau and they would like to get off and head over to Paradise Island and get married. Does anyone know of a beach or location that they can do the ceremony that is free? We are going to be staying at The Breezes and they don't allow children there and they both will have their young kids with them. Any help will be greatly appreciated

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
reviews: 35
1. Re: Any free locations on Paradise Island to have a wedding?

You need to get a permit ($$) for any beachfront ceremony, and any privately owned property, hotel or venue will also cost you.

I can't think of any place that you could have a ceremony for free.

Also, are you aware of the marriage requirements in the bahamas? the couple must be in the bahamas 24 hours before applying for a marriage license. They can't just get off the ship and get married.

Nassau, New...
reviews: 42
2. Re: Any free locations on Paradise Island to have a wedding?

There are laws regarding marriage in the Bahamas. You cannot just "get married". Usually the bride and groom have to go to the registry office to apply for a marriage license and must have been in the Bahamas for at least 24 hours prior to the wedding. Do check on this before commiting to a wedding, as it may well not even be legal if the proper procedures are not followed.

Paradise Island doesn't really offer much "free" space -- except perhaps for the public beach -- Cabbage Beach or the Cloisters (even though these are privately owned) Other public areas would not really suit a wedding.

Horseheads, New York
3. Re: Any free locations on Paradise Island to have a wedding?

Thanks for the info. I will def chack that out.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
reviews: 35
4. Re: Any free locations on Paradise Island to have a wedding?

Dusty, Both Cabbage Beach and The Cloisters require permits. Cloisters is part of the One and Only and quite expensive for weddings/events.

Horseheads, New York
5. Re: Any free locations on Paradise Island to have a wedding?

yes I had read that. I appreciate the information. They may have to get married on the cruise.

Horseheads, New York
6. Re: Any free locations on Paradise Island to have a wedding?

Thanks for the feed back. I guess it looks like just getting off the cruise ship and getting married is not going to happen.

7. Re: Any free locations on Paradise Island to have a wedding?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 06, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island