We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scubagirrl...Romantic Restaurants in Nassau?!

Los Angeles, CA
reviews: 1
Scubagirrl...Romantic Restaurants in Nassau?!

Scubagirrl...in your opinion what's a more romantic and better experience in dining:

1) Chez Willie's or

2) The Sun And...

My husband and I will be honeymooning at the Ocean Club this July and wanted to dine in a romantic setting every night!

Other dining places we have chosen include, the Bahamian Club, Cafe at Great Hall of Waters and Dune.

We also plan to parasail, do the Stuart Cove snorkeling adventure, Majestic Dinner Cruise and Dolphin swim. Any other romantic suggestions on your end? Do they have horseback riding on the beach? If so, what company offers that?

We are 25 years old and want to make the MOST of our honeymoon experience during our first time out in the Bahamas! =) Thanks so much for any advice you can offer!

new jersey
1. Re: Scubagirrl...Romantic Restaurants in Nassau?!

another nice and romantic place to dine is compass point which is beautifyl.colorful and right on the beach..the beach is love beach..the food is wonderful..its a great also to go for lunch..and right across the street is island records recording studios..you may see a star !! you can find compass point on google..which the company is outpost island..so you can take a look at this wonderful colorful resort..enjoy

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
reviews: 35
2. Re: Scubagirrl...Romantic Restaurants in Nassau?!

Compass Point is no longer in business, it close some time back and doesn't look like it is reopening anytime soon.

As for the two choices, I must say I haven't been to Sun and ... for a couple of years, although back then, I'd say it was a wonderful experience. Chez Willie's is a newer establishment, with a terrific menu and staff.

Sun and... has a bit of an old world atmosphere, Chez Willie is fresh and new. It's really a hard choice between the two. This conversation makes me want to go back to Sun and... again.

I guess that would be my pick.

Words of warning. Sun and... is very strict about dress code. Jackets and ties for men, ladies dress accordingly. You won't be seated otherwise.

http://www.sun-and.com/

http://chezwillierestaurant.com/

You may also want to try Montegue Gardens (no website). It's located lakeside on an old mansion estate. Food is remarkable.

Located on East Bay Street.

Hours: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm & 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm (Closed Sunday) Tel: 394-6347

As for activities, you've made some good choices, Happy Trails Stables are located at Coral Gardens. Give them a call. Not sure if they still go on the beach.

http://www.bahamasgo.com/happytrails.htm

new jersey
3. Re: Scubagirrl...Romantic Restaurants in Nassau?!

i had no idea compass point closed ? i was just there for the month in sept..ill have to explore other eateries while im there in june for 5 weeks..have you ever been to nesbitts ?

here and there
Destination Expert
4. Re: Scubagirrl...Romantic Restaurants in Nassau?!

I go to Nesbitts on a regular basis. It's very LOCAL.. they are in the process of creating an outdoor area up front, and the dining area has been revamped. It's really nothing much to look at.. a roadside burger joint. But the food is pretty good.

Smothered Pork chops is a favorite for dinner. Decent burgers.

There was road construction going on down that way for the past couple of weeks.. don't know when that will end.. (or where they are heading ) They have a local band on weekends.

new jersey
5. Re: Scubagirrl...Romantic Restaurants in Nassau?!

i know i love nesbitts..its a great place to hang out..especially the jukebox..where can you get 5 songs for a dollar ..and the food is good..the better places to me are local

Los Angeles, CA
6. Re: Scubagirrl...Romantic Restaurants in Nassau?!

Thanks for the words of wisdom Scubagirrl! Are the prices between The Sun And.. and Chez Willie's about the same? Like $30-40 per entree dish? If so, maybe we'll check out Chez Willie's instead of The Sun And...

here and there
Destination Expert
7. Re: Scubagirrl...Romantic Restaurants in Nassau?!

Yes, pricing is pretty much the same. You'll have a wonderful meal at either place.

Miami,FL
reviews: 7
8. Re: Scubagirrl...Romantic Restaurants in Nassau?!

Paris167....Congratulations on your wedding and on your wonderful choice for a honeymoon.

Now Sun And...is a great restaurant. I was there in March, the propietor/chef is there running the show. He's originally from Belgium...and this man can cook. The meal was excellent from start to finish. The restaurant looks like someone's house...with an open patio in the middle. If's not your typical place; I mean....we're both from very hip and trendy cities...and we're used to modern and cool restaurants....this is not one of those.

Very unique place...the lobster bisque was one of the best I've ever had, the grouper with leeks, tomatoes, and wine was excellent (I've been duplicating it ever since at home!)...and the souffle was sinful. Good wine list...very attentive and slow service...they're not rushing you to get out...it's simply a great restaurant.

Bon Appetit!!!

Los Angeles, CA
9. Re: Scubagirrl...Romantic Restaurants in Nassau?!

Thank you so much Lane1729 for that awesome piece of advice. I have heard many good things about Sun And..., mostly about it reminding guests of "Europe"! I think I want to try it over Chez Willie's and be a bit bold and different. I am so excited for July...I cannot wait!

Any more advice about Nassau/paradise island or any romantic ideas/activities we can venture on, please send the advice my way! I want to have an unforgettable honeymoon!! =)

Thanks again!

Ohio
Destination Expert
for New Providence Island
reviews: 7
10. Re: Scubagirrl...Romantic Restaurants in Nassau?!

Hey Lane, had friends who just got back and they said it was one of the best meals that they had in a long time. They can't stop talking about it. I guess that's a really big compliment coming from them as they go to places such as Italy and Paris, so this food must have been great!