We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip questions???

birmingham al
reviews: 1
trip questions???

We are leaving Wed. for Atlantis and I have a few more questions for anyone who can help. If you have been to Blue Lagoon and Rose Island please tell me which you prefer. I realize that they are different experiences due to development, tourist, access to food, etc. but just tell which you liked better. Also, if you have eaten at Chez Willie and Cafe Matisse please give me your opinion. How is water temp. now? Would it be cold to my 2 year old and if anyone can give me advice about smaller beach near Atlantis property. How far??? Rough seas??? This board has been invaluable in my planning and as soon we get back, I will post a trip report. Thank you in advance anyone who can answer these questions!

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
reviews: 35
1. Re: trip questions???

Since noone has jumped in here, I'll try and answer.

Since you know the difference between Blue Lagoon (commercial) and Rose Island (rustic), my preference is Rose Island. But both offer family fun.

Chez Willie's is a wonderful adult, somewhat romantic experience. This is considered upscale, jackets required (I think) and wonderful dining experience. Cafe Matisse has terrific food and charming ambiance, but much more casual setting, well behaved children welcome, but this is really not a kid friendly environment. There's a courtyard in the back and lively conversation. For a special nite out without the kids, I'd choose Chez Willies, for a marvelous dinner with family and friends, I'd choose Cafe Matisse.

http://www.chezwillierestaurant.com/

http://www.cafe-matisse.com/

The water temp near the shore line is warm. You can easily walk right into the water. Atlantis water is sometimes rough, and with a storm in the air may even be shut down. There is a man made lagoon, on the inside of the property where you should have no problem.

birmingham al
reviews: 1
2. Re: trip questions???

scubagirrl, thank you so much for the info!!