We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunspree under 18 please help!

Which Paradise Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Easton, MA
Sunspree under 18 please help!

I am traveling in June to the Bahamas and looking to book the Holiday Inn SunSpree in Paradise Island. I am 19 and my friend is 17. Would we be served at the hotel? He looks older, but would he need a fake? Do they work?

Also, do the clubs in Nassau check ids?

Thank you so much!

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
reviews: 35
1. Re: Sunspree under 18 please help!

First off, I think you have to be 21 to book a room at Sunspree (Most hotels are 21). Please check before you do it online. They will uphold their policy. As for drinking, it will depend on how old you look and how you act. 18 is the legal drinking age. 17 gets served in some places. Since Sunspree is a small property, if you can out of hand (don't hold you liquor) it will be clear that you are under age and staff will be directed to NOT serve your friend. ID's don't work, since you are expected to show the ID you showed the airlines. NO school ID's - no fakes. Staff at Sunspree are a lot of fun, but very professional

Some clubs, such as Club Waterloo, serve underage. Most others don't. They are cracking down hard on these policies, expecially since spring break is over and the summer is Family Vacation time in the bahamas.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
reviews: 35
2. Re: Sunspree under 18 please help!

I checked with my friend who is a manager at SunSpree and she confirmed that you cannot check in if you are under 21. Not many of the hotels allow you. None that I know of on Paradise Island.

Nassau Palms hotel, downtown will allow you to register at 18 - this is a budget/moderate hotel with limited amenities. They have 2 pools and a jacuzzi - the beach is across the street.

www.nassau-hotel.com/accommodations.html

Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island