We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip to Caribbean

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mission, Kansas
reviews: 9
First trip to Caribbean

Hi, I've been lurking on here for a couple of months now, doing research for my honeymoon May 16-22. Anyone else going in May? My husband and I are staying at the British Colonial Hilton and have already booked Sandy Toes and Blue Lagoon! So excited!

I'm getting together the last few items that we need for the trip, and I am wondering about safety/security items. Would you all recommend things like waterproof cases for phones and ID/money/room keys? I've looked at a couple of options, like Witz, but I'm not sure what to get. Do we need a hidden travel belt when walking around downtown or Cable Beach? Anything else that are must-bring items?

Thanks!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
1. Re: First trip to Caribbean

The Witz cases are a great accessory to bring along. I own the "Keep-It Safe" model. It's 2.7" wide, 4.3" high and 1.3" deep. It's the perfect size for room cards, keys, and some cash!! It sell for around $8 in many sporting good stores or at the Witz web site.

http://www.witzsportcases.com/

Also, bring sunscreen lotion as it's very expensive down there. Also hats to prevent headburn as the Sun is quite intense in May in the Bahamas.

You don't need a travel belt. Just keep your cash in a secure place on the front of you :-)

2. Re: First trip to Caribbean

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 04, 2015