We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Fort Bay

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
portland, oregon
Old Fort Bay

We are considering renting Sea Spray, a villa in Old Fort Bay. I am wondering what Old Fort Bay is like and if this is a good location. We are coming to Nassau for a wedding at the Wyndham but want to rent a house with my whole family and like to be a bit removed from all the big resorts.

Will we need to rent a car if we stay here or are taxis easy to find?

Any advice is appreciated.

3 replies to this topic
Nassau, New...
reviews: 42
1. Re: Old Fort Bay

Old Fort is a lovely gated community on the western end of the island, and about 10 minutes from the airport. There is 24 hour security, and depending on who the owner of the villa is, you may have access to Old Fort Club with its beach, restaurant and amenities. Most do not, but it does not hurt to ask if your renter will offer "guest privileges" for a fee.

It is well out of the resort area, and you will need to plan for transportation. I normally do not recommend renting cars, but you can easily rent a car, as parking will not be an issue at the rental, or at the Wyndham for short periods. There is free parking across the street, or you can valet for $10. Buses do run (#12) and the bus stop is outside the western gate of OFB in front of the gas station. The buses stop running after 5pm. Taxis are available, though you will need to arrange this with the security booth, as they cannot just come and pick you up without checking it at the gate first. It is a lovely, quiet and family oriented community, so will be relaxing.

The Wyndham is about 10-15 minutes from OFB. There is a very nice grocery store called Solomon's Fresh Market on the way from the airport and only minutes from OFB with a nice bakery, meat counter, organic choices and great exotic snacks. A bit more expensive, but worth it.

New York City, New...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Old Fort Bay

Hi, I''m considering renting Sea Spray in December and I was wondering if you wound up staying there and if so, how did you like it. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Nassau, New...
3. Re: Old Fort Bay

bump :)

ReneeL - did you ever find out anything? It looks like a great villa! Maybe post as a new thread/topic...

Reply to: Old Fort Bay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted