We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to the Bahamas, travelling with 2 small children

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norway
reviews: 21
First time to the Bahamas, travelling with 2 small children

Hi

We will be coming to Florida next July (due to school holidays) and are thinking about a week in the Bahamas since it is so accessible from Miami. We will have a 6 year old and a 10 month old and wonder if any could give us some recommendations on where to stay? We would prefer a child friendly beach, somewhere where there are other families so our oldest has the chance to play with other children. We are just looking to chill for a week and the though of a massive resort does not appeal, rather something on a smaller scale. Any tips?

Ashburn, VA
reviews: 22
1. Re: First time to the Bahamas, travelling with 2 small children

The Sheraton might be a decent option for you. It is definitely a 'kid friendly' beach as there are almost no waves. It is shallow enough to walk out to the stone 'reefs' sometimes as well where you can see many fish. They also have zero entry pools, etc. The only question will be the construction going on next door at Bahamar, the new mega-resort. otherwise it would be a much more laid back experience than Atlantis, for sure

Norway
reviews: 21
2. Re: First time to the Bahamas, travelling with 2 small children

Oh don't like the sound of construction...any others?

Scotland
reviews: 8
3. Re: First time to the Bahamas, travelling with 2 small children

Anyone else have any recommendations, I would be interested too :-D

Thanks.

Palm Sp[rings, Ca
reviews: 1
4. Re: First time to the Bahamas, travelling with 2 small children

Check into Comfort Inn on the same grounds as Atlantis. This means you can use all the amenities of the Atlantis resort during your stay. My husband and I have stayed here several times and been very happy. It is a shorter walk from Comfort Inn to Atlantis than it is from the towers at Atlantis.The nice thing is it's well under half the price, the rooms are much bigger it has it's own pool and free breakfast.We like the fact that when we are tired of the mega resort we can return to our hotel . I hope this helps. I have no problem recomending this hotel we have been very pleased. Here's a link comfortsuites.com/hotel-nassau-bahamas-BS003

5. Re: First time to the Bahamas, travelling with 2 small children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, December 16, 2013