We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu or Breezes?

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CA
Riu or Breezes?

Hi All,

After searching around for a 4-night All-Inclusive, I found Riu and Breezes cost about the same price. I'm not sure which one is better in term of service, food and cleaness. Could anyone give me some suggestion? I'm looking to go from 09/01 to 09/05. I looking to use the resort beach for 1 day, and the other 3 days for activities at other islands. Thanks!

dnamm

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for New Providence Island
reviews: 4
1. Re: Riu or Breezes?

Dnamm you do have a tough decision to make. So many people like both. It's a great time to go to without the spring breakers and graduates! I have only been to Breezes and like myself, others love it for the staff, which are outstanding! They want you to have a great time and have all kinds of activities going on night and day. The beach staff are always cleaning and it shows! The food is buffet style for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you are a picky eater or a vegetarian, there are still lots for you to chose from. They also have 2 resturants, and a great pool grill. You will never go hungry that's for sure. The RUI gets lots of good feedback as well. Each of these among other resorts/hotels gets in my opinion more bad than good feedback, but each persons taste is different. No matter where you stay, have the best time in the Bahmamas. The locals are truely generous, kind and unique. You will love it no matter if it's Breezes, the RIU or the Hilton, it's still Paradise!

Burlington...
reviews: 15
2. Re: Riu or Breezes?

Breeze's, it was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CA
3. Re: Riu or Breezes?

Thank you All,

I booked the package at Breezes.

Now, my homework is to gather all the activities for our 4-day vacation. Should I buy the Frommers book about The Bahamas? Is it worth the money?

Thanks!

dnamm

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
4. Re: Riu or Breezes?

I had the books, but to be honest you can find all the activities you want between these boards and expedia has a list of them for the Bahamas as well. If you book from there you can save 10% for most of the trips too. I'll start out by saying that the Power Boat Adventure is one of the most talked about excursions that you can go on. It's a little expensive (190.00 per person) but everyone raves about it. They take you to a private Island on a boat that travels about 50-60 miles an hour for snorkeling, sharkfeeding, lunch and drinks. Then there is the Sea Island Adventure Tours which again goes to an Island for 4-5 hours for snorkeling, lunch and drinks aroun 60.00 per person (I went and it was great), Anything from Stuart Cove is great too! No Island or lunch but great snorkeling and a great staff for around 50.00 per person. They also have mini submarines (not sure of the cost but around 100.00) and folks rave about that as well. Breezes does include all non motorized water sports in their package, but you can parasail from their beach, jet ski (go early or later and don't pay their asking price) Check expdia.com click on Nassau/Bahamas then activites and it will list a lot of things to do. Or try www.bahamasgo.com for a list of food, activities and such. You will have such a great time, I wish I were going back soon.

CA
5. Re: Riu or Breezes?

Hi Linday,

I booked the package via www.bahamas.com.

I will there at 9am. I'm not sure if Breezes will let me check-in early so I can have the rest of the after enjoy the beach. Is All-Inclusive including airport transfers? What room number/level should I request for my room before I get there? I will just stay in the Super-Select that comes with the package.

Thanks!

dnamm

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
6. Re: Riu or Breezes?

Requesting a certain room is tough to say the least. You can let them know that you would prefer something more quiet. We usually get an ocean front or ocean view, so I don't really know what the super select rooms are. If you get there before 3:00 check in, they will give you a bracelet ID so that you can use all of the resort facilities and they will also store your luggage for you and show you to a changing room. Remember to store your bathing suit and towel, sunscreen on a carry on so you will have easy access to it. As far as taxes and transfers, each booking site has their own rules. I use expedia, and Apple vacations and they always had those charges included. Check back with them to see if all of those things are included or if you printed an itinerary then that should tell you as well. If you have any other questions about Breezes or activities in the area I would be happy to help you. You can e-mail me at linday3@verizon.net