We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cell Phone Service cable ? Spint or ATT ?

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CT
reviews: 3
Cell Phone Service cable ? Spint or ATT ?

Do Spint or ATT cell phones work on Cable Beach? Best suggestion for calling home (Connecticut)?

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
reviews: 35
1. Re: Cell Phone Service cable ? Spint or ATT ?

AT&T and T mobile work with GSM service. Phone must have International Service (as you provider).

Rates are $2.29 per minute. You are billed for missed calls or call that go to voice mail if your phone is left on. Best to keep it off until you want to use it.

Additionally, you battery will have a short life.. since it often goes into search mode as you travel around the island.

olney, md
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
reviews: 8
2. Re: Cell Phone Service cable ? Spint or ATT ?

Scuba girl is correct--I got bills for calls I didn't even answer==apparently if you turn your phone on at all you will get billed for any incoming calls or voice mails!! Take it from me don't turn it on--better yet don't bring it!

Concord, New...
reviews: 53
3. Re: Cell Phone Service cable ? Spint or ATT ?

You can buy a pre-paid calling card in the Bahamas. ( dont bring one from home because it wont work ) It works out to be .50 per minute plus whatever the Hotel charges you to use the phone ( it was $1 at Breezes ) or just go to a nearby payphone and use it that way. But I would reccomend a calling card over the cell phone. Any other questions feel free to contact us

nyc
4. Re: Cell Phone Service cable ? Spint or ATT ?

What about Verizon? Does anyone know if Verizon works on the Island?

South of Boston
5. Re: Cell Phone Service cable ? Spint or ATT ?

I am a verizon user and found that cell phone service is sporadic at the Atlantis. In order to make a call I had to walk from Royal Towers all the way over to the Beach Tower lobby to get a signal. I checked most areas around the complex and found this was the only place I was able to pickup a signal. Downtown and at the airport service was fine. Had no problem at Cable Beach either.

nyc
6. Re: Cell Phone Service cable ? Spint or ATT ?

Thanks for the info.

Do you need to use a country code when calling the US?

7. Re: Cell Phone Service cable ? Spint or ATT ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, September 22, 2009