We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Powerbost adventures

Which Bahamas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MA
Powerbost adventures

Can anyone who has been on the powerboat adventure please tell me what to expect. Is this just as good as the dolphin swim? The dolphis swim was booked for our stay.

I will be going with two teenage (13 & 14) children. I have read good reviews, but also read abuut a rough ride and sea sickness, and having to stand up the whole ride to the Xumas, something that doesn't appeal to me.

What should I expect on the boat ride. Probably a silly question, but since the boat goes so fast, are there seat belts? It looks like the boat is airborne at times in the video, what prevents you from flying out of the boat at the high speeds? Do people really get sea sick on the ride?

I'd really like my family to sit together and don't want the kids up front away from us if we sit in the back. Do you think this would be a problem?

What can you do on the island if you choose not to snorkel? I also read the currents can be very strong. How far out and how deep is the snorkeling area?

Thank you in advance for your help.

MA
1. Re: Powerbost adventures

Anyone?

Also, what do I bring on this trip? Towels? Do you bring some from home or can you get them at the hotel?

;)

NY
reviews: 3
2. Re: Powerbost adventures

I would be intersted in personal experiences on this adventure.

We booked this trip as the dolphin swim is sold out.

How "bumpy" is the boat ride, and did everyone feel safe at the high speeds?

:)

Orange County
3. Re: Powerbost adventures

Nymom and Bahamamama,

My personal experience with the Powerboats Tour was great! Worth every dime I spent, plus I saved 10% by booking online.

First of all, the boat ride was fast but safe at the same time. There are no seat belts needed, we felt safe the entire time. You will never be standing up, you will always be sitting down during the entire boat ride. As far as sitting together at the back, it's really first come, first served in the boat seating. Generally, people let the older folks sit at the back of the boat since it's alot less bumpier than the front of the boat. Personally, I sat in the seats to the left of the captain which was perfect. Capt. Jumaine and Rodney were great and we tipped them at the end of the day for doing such a great job of manning the boat.

Not everyone snorkels on the trip, many folks prefer to lay out on the beach or just drink at the bar, or choose to explore the island by hiking. I will be the first to admit, the day we went the currents were very strong. I was told that is not always the case. Not to worry though, they have a safety boat out there to help anyone that needs it and also you have a couple of the guides that are watching you to see if you need help. Also, everyone wears life vests, so you are very safe indeed out there.

After the snorkel, there is an incredible buffett followed by a nature hike if you wish to participate. All in all, it was an incredible trip I will never forget.

Before I forget, you will never forget how close and personal you will be with the sharks and manta rays, wow what an experience! They put out quite a show of roping the sharks close to shore so you can take lots of pics. You can also take plenty of pics from the bar area.

Have fun!

NJ
4. Re: Powerbost adventures

My husband and I will be in Nassua the first week of October. I'm looking for something fun and exciting to do! My husband has a stomach made of steel, me on the other hand get's sick on rides at Disney world. Will I need to take something or is this boat ride rather smooth?

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
reviews: 35
5. Re: Powerbost adventures

The Powerboat Adventure to the Exuma goes in open seas. SO.... depending on the weather and the size of the waves, the boat ride can be bumpy, or just exciting.

If you tend to get sea sick, some bonine and a can of club soda should get your thru the ride easily.

NJ
6. Re: Powerbost adventures

Thanks Scubagirl! Also, do we have to book this in advance or can we book it when we arrive in Nassau?

here and there
Destination Expert
7. Re: Powerbost adventures

They usually book up a couple days in advance, so you should book when you arrive for a few days down the road.

New York City, New...
reviews: 5
8. Re: Powerbost adventures

I will be going to Paradise Island on 11/4, leaving 11/9. Can I book this excursion now? Is there a website?

here and there
Destination Expert
9. Re: Powerbost adventures

Yes, you can book it now.

http://www.powerboatadventures.com

New York City, New...
reviews: 5
10. Re: Powerbost adventures

Can anyone tell me if there are stores near the Riu that sell beach accessories-I'm looking for a store where they would have swim suits, beach towels, umbrellas, etc.