We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradise Island compared to other beaches' hotels/resorts

new york
reviews: 1
Paradise Island compared to other beaches' hotels/resorts

Hi. My boyfriend and I are flying into Nassau on the 30th for 6nts. We have reservations at Comfort Suites (in order to take advantage of the free access to the Atlantis). But after reading so many posts talking about the negatives of the Atlantis (too many crowds, constant hassles by vendors on the beach, rude/unfriendly staff, beach chair hassles, etc.), I am having second thoughts. We are from the New York City area, so we definitely need some relaxation time. Does anyone have any suggestions about other beach hotels/resorts either on Paradise Island or the other beaches that might be better? We are on a budget and the Comfort Suites was at the top end of our range. Any info and help is greatly appreciated.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
reviews: 35
1. Re: Paradise Island compared to other beaches' hotels/resorts

By selecting the Comfort Suites, you will have the best of both worlds. The CS is pretty laid back, and you are not forced to use the Atlantis Beach, but can enter the public beach and walk up a few meters to a more quiet end of the beach (public access is next to the RIU. Locals are rarely rude, I think some Atlantis employees are a bit numb to the constant complaints, so they "tune out". But you won't find that amoung the locals themselves.

Spend some time at the Green Parrot IHurricane Hole Marina) and talk to the clientele. Most work in the area or have boats at the marina.

If your adventurous, you can walk over the bridge to Potters Cay and rub elbows with the locals at the fish market. Grab a kalik and play a game of dominos. Or head to the Fish Fry at Arawak Cay, especially on the weekends. Great food. Local culture, Music etc.

You can even grab the ferry to downtown Nassau, or a jitney to Cable Beach to relax at Cable Beach. So many options.

Pick up a copy of the What's On or Tourist News when you arrive.. and a map of the area and just explore. You'll be surpirsed how much information the locals will dole out to make your stay a great experience.