We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Minute Questions

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
reviews: 18
Last Minute Questions

I am getting pretty darn excited, we leave on Saturday morning.

I looked at the ferry schedule and it looks like there is a 1:30 ferry. we land at 12:30 so I am hoping that we will make the boat. Do they usually wait for other flights? I really don't want to hang around downtown until the next boat at 3:00

We are coffee junkies and I need to have coffee first thing. Can anyone tell me about the in room coffee maker? Will I need to get cream the night before and put it in the fridge?

P.S. NYgatti- I sent you a PM :)

ct. usa
reviews: 9
1. Re: Last Minute Questions

My husband takes an early morning stroll to the breakfast area and always manages to get a delicious cup of joe for us to start the day. The "creamer" in room is not my favorite, so he would get the real thing from early breakfast set up.

New Jersey
reviews: 7
2. Re: Last Minute Questions

Wishing you clear skies and balmy breezes.

Pennsylvania
reviews: 16
3. Re: Last Minute Questions

One time, I remember waiting a few minutes for another couple but otherwise, their ferry does run on time. It needs to make a return trip so I doubt they would wait too long as it might mess up other guests departures to the airport.

That is great you are scheduled to get in so early! Wishing you an on-time flight and making that 1:30 ferry. You should have plenty of time. Airport check in was always quick for us and I remember them whisking us off to the dock right away.

ct. usa
reviews: 9
4. Re: Last Minute Questions

re waiting for taxi- we have waited in past. Stayed in the Caneel office which is air conditioned, Probably longest wait was half hour or so at airport. We usually do have about hour or so in St Thomas- we get lunch at Gladys'. We are on flight from JFK - seems same time as yours.

Wellesley, Ma
reviews: 36
5. Re: Last Minute Questions

You could probably make the 1:30 but if not, just enjoy being on the island and grab a drink or two.

Edited: 9:58 am, April 01, 2014
Portsmouth, New...
reviews: 33
6. Re: Last Minute Questions

Check http://flightaware.com/live/flight/JBU807 to see actual arrival times of your flights the past few Saturdays. Maybe it has been early like ours was? With carryon's only you'll be tight but should have good shot at making that ferry. Maybe call them by phone to verify there really is a ferry that time and that day? Is this "Hot Mess Tour II"? Enjoy Caneel.

Corydon, Indiana
reviews: 1
7. Re: Last Minute Questions

We haven't had much luck with the coffee maker in the room but we do use it to have those first cups, then travel on to pick up another...I usually bring it back from my morning walk/run. I can't comment on the creamer in the room as we don't use.

You shouldn't have a problem making the ferry. They time them to coincide with flight schedules so unless your flight is late, it should be fine. In the past few years, our Atlanta flight hasn't been scheduled well and we have to wait for the 3 o'clock. They usually take us downtown where we can wander around for an hour or so (which is all we really want in downtown St. Thomas at this point). I absolutely love getting on the ferry and getting that first rum punch. And the ride from downtown is long enough so that you might get two (but you must be thirsty)! We don't go up top because of the wind, but we do go to the front so that we can catch that first glimpse of Caneel. Don't forget the manager's reception on Monday evening. Read the daily schedules posted at the bus stops and the front desk so you don't miss something (I recommend the garden walk to learn about the plants and the history of how the property was 'reforested').

How I envy you! I can barely wait for our next trip (6 weeks).

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
8. Re: Last Minute Questions

No Hot Mess Tour, I hope!

This is the "We survived 10 years of marriage and still like each other tour"!

As of yesterday, there is a ferry at 1:30 :)

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
9. Re: Last Minute Questions

Just checked Flightaware and the flight is usually early! That is good news

Owsa: You have a PM, Too :)

St. John
reviews: 7
10. Re: Last Minute Questions

Hi Tink :)

While your husband is waiting for the luggage, you should go down to the office at the airport with the carry ons and let them know you are here, this way they will wait for you!

Coffee is in room, powder creamer :( I will bring your creamer and anything else your hearts desire when you arrive.

Did you order a fridge for the room?, Don't know if they have them in all the rooms yet, it has been 4 years since we needed to stay at Caneel.

Happy Chair Dance Time!! xo