We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach front on Scott's Beach, or Paradise Beach?

Which Caneel Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Beach front on Scott's Beach, or Paradise Beach?

We are getting ready to book our room at Caneel bay resort. Last year we stayed on Caneel bay, and would like a change of scenery. Our favorite beach was actually honeymoon beach (wish there were rooms there), and we loved the liveliness of Scott's beach. Hawksnest was beautiful, but a bit too laid back for us. Turtle bay seemed to have a lot of children staying there (maybe that was unique to when we were there). I was wondering what Paradise beach was like staying there? Torn between Scott's beach and Paradise. What's your thoughts?

Thanks so much!

4 replies to this topic
NY metro
reviews: 3
1. Re: Beach front on Scott's Beach, or Paradise Beach?

I don't think you stay on Paradise Beach proper. Rather you stay in one of the rooms above the beach on cottage point (IIRC). This also gives you easy access to Scott. Paradise is very small and I found it a bit shady (I was there in the mid-morning). We left due to a large number of ants int he woody flotsam. We just slid over to Scott.

Corydon, Indiana
reviews: 1
2. Re: Beach front on Scott's Beach, or Paradise Beach?

There are three rooms (64,65,66) classified as Premium Beachfront that are 'on' Paradise. But as ngatti said, they are actually sort of above it and further away from the actual beach than many Beachfront and Premium Beachfront. Paradise is lovely but very small. We haven't had a problem with ants. All the beaches are beautiful. Try them all! Most people just love Scott.

Texas
3. Re: Beach front on Scott's Beach, or Paradise Beach?

Very helpful. Thank you!

Roslyn, New York
reviews: 5
4. Re: Beach front on Scott's Beach, or Paradise Beach?

Those rooms are about 30 to 40 feet off the beach at Paradise, across an area of lawn. It is a quiet area but a small beach. Most guests avoid Paradise unless they have one of the noted rooms or are staying in Cottage 7. I have stayed in 2 of those rooms. I'm sorry I cant recall the room numbers. One of the rooms (closest to Cottage 7) is smaller than the others. The best of the 3 rooms is that which is furthest away from Cottage 7. It has a large private patio and very big bathroom. The shower has a round window looking out towards the beach. It is a very quick walk from Paradise to Scott beach. Hope this is helpful.

Reply to: Beach front on Scott's Beach, or Paradise Beach?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted